CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2008 STS-V in captivity

Hoping to stop by and see this 2008 Cadillac STS-V tomorrow http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290427702879&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

31.jpg

Light Platinum ext / Ebony int.

The place that has it is on Skylane off Midway south of 190 in Addison. This one has 22,603 miles on it, which is in the range I am looking for. The Seller wants more for it than I would prefer to pay, but I want to see it in person & shoot some photos etc.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Good Luck

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I don't think we can reach agreement on the price -- they have been running it on ebay repeatedly without lowering the price on it.

Can't hurt to go look at it in person and get a better feel for these. Not in a rush; I want to get my next Cadillac in the next 12 months while my CTS is under extended warranty. I think used V-Series may be a Buyer's market this summer when the V-Coupe arrives, but we'll see.

Bruce

I don't think we can reach agreement on the price -- they have been running it on ebay repeatedly without lowering the price on it.

Can't hurt to go look at it in person and get a better feel for these. Not in a rush; I want to get my next Cadillac in the next 12 months while my CTS is under extended warranty. I think used V-Series may be a Buyer's market this summer when the V-Coupe arrives, but we'll see.

At least you are better prepared than most buyers.

You know what you want.

You know how much you are willing to pay.

You don't "HAVE TO" have "THAT" particular car.

I think / hope you are right about it being a buyers market when the Coupe comes out.

Posted Image

Yes; Cadillac sold around 500 of the 2008 STS-V, so it seems like a good idea to go look at one in the neighborhood. Rainy today, so that may limit the pics though, but we'll see.

I agree you don't want to make an 'emotional' decision about a car, even a Cadillac. If I *never* find the right STS-V, there are some nice CTS-V's that are getting broken in, and the ATS will be along directly with some very interesting features.

Bruce

Bruce, what are you planning on doing with the CTS you have now? Are you going to trade it in toward your new car?

big4870885.jpg

I will sell it privately, or trade it, depending on how close they can come to the KBB value. It has been a good car for me, and is still under extended warranty which makes it a low risk to a buyer I would think.

I am lucky that I am in a position to get the new car and then sell my CTS, so I am not willing to give it away to a dealer.

Bruce