CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

01 sts po300

scottyg

hey guys my 01 sts is idiling rough and giving a po300 code with the ses blinkin occasionally..i also am showing a po410(air pump) are these ralted.and any ideas on the 300 code?

the plugs only have about 50k on them and they are delco platinums,but ill check them out..do you think the po410(air pump)code is related?

It is possible that the AIR pump code is related... but I don't think it very likely.

The P0410 code is ... Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System.

The AIR pump sends additional air into the exhaust system to bring the CATS up to operating temp quicker.

Be sure to check to make sure all of the wires are seated well on the plugs.

Check to make sure there is not a chafed wire.

Check the connections to the coils also.

Posted Image

If you've an '01 then it won't have wires,it's thecoil on plug cassette type which unless something didn't go back together properly when you installed the new plugs should not be the problem.

look1-1-1.jpg

If you've an '01 then it won't have wires,it's thecoil on plug cassette type which unless something didn't go back together properly when you installed the new plugs should not be the problem.

Thanks, Scott.

I forgot about that.

:D

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

i changed the plugs today,they were a little burnt up..they had some oil around thr the tops but the electrodes were nice tan color just a little burnt..it ran good for about an hour then the blinking ses(misfire) came back on..any ideas?

Carefully inspect the wires to go to each injector. I had a pair that burned up on the #2 cylinder, and caused misfires on the entire front bank. This caused the SES light to set then to blink rapidly. Mind had more codes set than just the P0300.

Archived