CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My drivers side window is up and will not go down, I have checked the switch and it is working, I need to get the door panel off but can not figure how to get the darn thing off so I can check/replace the motor. The book I have says to remove some screws but there are none at the locations the book calls for. HELP

Jim

I had to take the passenger door panel off of my '97 Concours a few months ago to replace the mirror. It wasn't a bad job. The screws are located behind the door handle and behind the courtesy light.

• Use your fingers to gently pry off the plastic cover that goes behind the door handle. Disconnect the wires to the power door lock switch and set the assembly aside
  • Before you attempt to remove the courtesy light, take a pocket knife or Xacto blade and gently run it all the way around the edge where it contacts the door panel. The hard plastic lens has a tendency to adhere to the vinyl on the door panel over time.
  • There are plastic clips molded into the light at each end. Be very gentle with them as they break VERY easily.
  • Once the courtesy light and door handle are out of the way, the screws are easily accessible. Unscrew and remove them, then remove the door panel by lifting straight up on it. The panel is held in place by two heavy plastic hooks.

The secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground--and miss!

--Douglas Adams Life, The Universe, and Everything

caddyplate.jpg

just wanted to know if ur from Larue? i see it in ur username just thought id ask cuz im from there. an for ur door if its anything like a 97 deville than be sure to pull up so u dont snap the plastic pieces that holds it to the door frame.

Very true. Once you get the screws out, it comes right off. No need to jerk, just lift with a steady and gentle motion.

just wanted to know if ur from Larue? i see it in ur username just thought id ask cuz im from there. an for ur door if its anything like a 97 deville than be sure to pull up so u dont snap the plastic pieces that holds it to the door frame.

The secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground--and miss!

--Douglas Adams Life, The Universe, and Everything

caddyplate.jpg

No I'm not from Larue, have no idea that is, thanks for the imfo, I'll try again after I get my truck back together