CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Double Din Install with Gmos-06 and Pics

Well i finally got my pioneer avh-p4100dvd last week and installed it no problems what so ever with the gmos-06 nothing, all the chimes work, no cutting out, shuts off like its supposed to, retains power untill the door is opened, i am VERY happy with it because i read just about every post on here about the gmos-06 and was getting scared. The sound quality is 10x better (makes the BOSE sound amazing) i even built my own relay to bypass the parking brake, the video quality is suberb best i ever seen in a car, the only problem i had was the dash kit i had to trim way more off than what it described to get it to work, i cant wait to get me a pioneer 6 disc cd changer to put in place of the stock one, and hook up a dtv converter box to watch TV lol, by the way i highly recomend this unit its cheap and will do more than you ever need (unless you want gps i have internet on my phone so i dont need it), i also uploaded a cadillac image for the screen saver which i thought was pretty bad a** heres pics and prices

Istall cost:

-gmos-06 and metra 95-2005B from installer.com: 135$ (with shipping)

-Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD from Ebay: 415$

TOTAL COST: 550$

PS. I did not relocate the HU in the trunk

install001.jpg

install002.jpg

install003.jpg

install004.jpg

install006.jpg

install008.jpg

install009.jpg

Nice job, and thanks for posting. I think you will get more questions if people try to duplicate your work, but now they know who to ask!

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thanks bruce I'm willing to answer anyones questions this was a fairly easy install I've done worse anyways lol

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

I wish the photos were still online...I just installed a JVC double dinn on a 05 deville yesterday. I have the base model deville without bose the system. I used the seperate kit that plugs into the factory housing and my system sounds bad. I was told that I need to update the speakers and factory amp since it's only 2 ohms. The center speaker was replaced with a 4 ohm center. I also get a code NO AMP COMMUNICATION and NO IRC DATA. Door chimes not working. I was told that I have 6.5 in the front and 5.25 in the rear. What advice or help can you give me?