CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2010 Cadillac SRX -- fashionista with function

Forget whatever you knew or heard about the previous-generation SRX, which had such a trucky ride I wouldn't call it a "crossover" with carlike drivability.

The engineered 2010 SRX, sourced from an Opel platform, is such an improvement in ride quality, luxury features and style that I'm surprised General Motors didn't give it a new name.

Its flinty styling won't appeal to those who like their risk in controlled, deodorised doses. But its sharp lines and solid stance are good for a look back after locking up. The design is not without some sacrifices, but even those can be lived with.

To get any respect in this segment of luxury compact crossover, the SRX had to hit hard and make a statement. And it must be getting noticed. Last month, SRX was the top-selling Cadillac at 4,986 units, or 806 sales more than CTS, the second-place seller.

Read More: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lifestyle/Cadillac_7389820

As import brands dial back on style to provide more functional luxury, Cadillac has an advantage to engage consumers with good, tasteful style, performance and driving pleasure. Now, let's see that applied to a big, new sedan that will bring the brand back to a world-class Cadillac standard.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived