CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Onstar to Bluestar

BUICK11

I hope to soon receive a Bluestar unit to replace my old Onstar unit. I was lucky that they had a harness since the 2001 requires a adapter. 2002 and newer can use the Bluestar 2010 without a adapter harness.

Since this is just a plug in change, it should not be difficult?

Can someone tell me where the Onstar unit is located? It it in the trunk up high where the rear speakers are located?

Thanks

Charlie

I hope to soon receive a Bluestar unit to replace my old Onstar unit. I was lucky that they had a harness since the 2001 requires a adapter. 2002 and newer can use the Bluestar 2010 without a adapter harness.

Since this is just a plug in change, it should not be difficult?

Can someone tell me where the Onstar unit is located? It it in the trunk up high where the rear speakers are located?

Thanks

Charlie

The Vehicle Communications Interface Module is behind the rear seat upright and is accessed from the trunk.

VCIM.doc

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I've got a bluestar - and it's awesome.

I did the connection with the connector - and it worked easy.

And Chris is very up on returning emails asking questions and such.

Enjoy!

I bought this kit for m 2002 STS... sound quality is amazing. It works great and I love it!

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

Well I installed the Bluestar unit last night on my 2001 DTS. Chris was able to suply a adapter that is required on my 2001. I found it necessary to remove the rear seat back rest entirely to get to the connector to unplug the Onstar unit. This was the most difficult part of the entire job. I located the Bluestar unit on the trunk side since I may decide to upgrade it on my computer as new software releases are issued. I paired our two old Motorola Razr phones with very little problem.

I highly recommend this unit especially if you have a OLD Onstar unit that cannot be upgraded.

Thanks for everyones help and comments!

Charlie

Well I installed the Bluestar unit last night on my 2001 DTS. Chris was able to suply a adapter that is required on my 2001. I found it necessary to remove the rear seat back rest entirely to get to the connector to unplug the Onstar unit. This was the most difficult part of the entire job. I located the Bluestar unit on the trunk side since I may decide to upgrade it on my computer as new software releases are issued. I paired our two old Motorola Razr phones with very little problem.

I highly recommend this unit especially if you have a OLD Onstar unit that cannot be upgraded.

Thanks for everyones help and comments!

Charlie

Hey, I have the older series Bluestar and a Razr and I have spotty problems with it - Chris said that the new unit could solve the problems. Do you ever have a delay in the Bluestar picking up the Razr phones' signal? Or spotty dial by voice?

I'm thinking of upgrading - but I'd love to hear your experience before I do.

THANKS

Yes their is a delay on both our phones while they connect. I sent a message to Chris who advised he has the same car as mine (2001 DTS) and does not have a problem. The delay silences the radio for about 10 to 15 seconds. Chris asvised to try and push the white button if it does not connect. For the most part we like the system and would buy it again. The sustem works as described. My Razr was the first one paired to the system therefore when we both get in the car with our phones on my phone is pared to the car. Considering I had a old useless Onstar system I am pleased.

As Info their is another system out on the market called Galaxy 1000. I do not know anything about it. I could not use it because my car is older and requires a adapter that Chris makes

Charlie

Archived