CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

bench seats to buckets

rockfangd

I am taking my 60/40 and rear seats out of my 1996 Deville and installing 1996 ETC seats. I planned to do this in the spring. I have the seats which I absolutely love.

Black on black leather, heated, 4 way lumbar, 16 way power, and memory. I also am picking up the driver side master switch setup from a concours that has the memory seat switch on it at the rear.

My questions would be How would I find out if the car is wired for memory provision(wiring connector in the door and under the driver seat)?

The ETC buckets have the adjusters on the sides instead of on the doors. I dont really care which ones I will have to use but i would like the ones on the doors to work. I am not sure how the wiring goes for this either.

The reason why I am doing this is because I really like the ETC seats alot. They are extremely comfortable, sleek, and I love the memory feature, especially the exit feature.

I also do not much care for the 60/40 setup anyhow. I have always owned GMs that had the column shift with 60/40 seats. I like the openness at the floor area.

But The driver seat is always sagging at the left which is very uncomfortable, and to me just looks bad.

Now The center console issue That i will be running into I am also trying to take care of. There was a seville 1996-1997 that was available with column shift with buckets, therefore there was a center console with the vents on the back side, the rear vent fan, and a auxillary outlet. The problem that I am having is that it is a rare feature to get buckets with column shift.

So if anyone knows where I can get a center console prefferably in tan or similair for column shift please let me know :D

I will be posting progress on this project with before and after pics galore,

I would appreciate tips, ideas, info, anything.

Thanks for reading :D

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

The 93-94 Eldorado and ETC were also available with column shift and a full center console, or with the console shift and a "mini" console as they were called, both with the standard bucket seats. So I do know that such a thing exists. You might try ebay, or maybe a local junkyard or salvage yard to see if they have anything that may work in your car. Just a suggestion. As for getting it brand new, you might be able to get a lead by talking to a dealer.

If the car was wired for memory provisioning, then I would imagine the current seats would already have that feature. I could be wrong here, so someone please correct me if I am. I just don't see why the wiring would be set up for a feature that isn't in the car.

As far as wiring the seats to the doors, I'm not familiar with how any of that works. What I am getting from what you posted is that your car has the adjusters for the original seats on the door, but the ETC seats have the adjusters built into them?

big4870885.jpg

As far as wiring the seats to the doors, I'm not familiar with how any of that works. What I am getting from what you posted is that your car has the adjusters for the original seats on the door, but the ETC seats have the adjusters built into them?

Yes you are correct.

I have not had any luck finding a console yet, I havent had any luck with the dealer as they state they have no idea.

The reason why I ask about the memory wiring is that it is common for vehicles that didnt get certain provisions to get the same harnesses than the ones that did, and therefore being wired for the feature but just not having the provision. Kind of like the cd changer deal. It is very well different with cadillacs

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

• 2 weeks later...