CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cars have feelings.

They do. Of this I am convinced. Right now, my car is having feelings of resentment and spite. It's pretty much saying "Hey, My idle was high, and you left it alone for 3 weeks, so now I am going to be mean to YOU for 3 weeks and not run right. How do you like me now? Hahaha!"

Well guess what car? I still love you, and you will run again! So go ahead....bring it on.

Sorry...just trying to put a humorous spin on my car's bad mood.

Does anyone else here think cars have "feelings"?

big4870885.jpg

....Does anyone else here think cars have "feelings"?

Not this old man who drives a twelve year old assembly of inert metal, synthetics, plastics, rubber, and other parts. None of which have a pulse or blood pressure or measureable brain activity.

As the father, grandfather, and great grandfather of 5 females, I have heard your position before today. :P:D No sexist context inferred or intended; that tendency was removed from my attitude many years ago by my two daughters.

Your car is a piece of machinery, Carla.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I don't mean feelings as in real emotions per se. I mean as in if you do something bad to your car, it's going to get you back....somehow, someway. I know cars can't "feel" anything, but I swear, mine's biting me in the *beep* right now for not taking care of its minor issues sooner.... It's revenge I tell ya.

P.S. I know plenty of things that have blood pressure, feelings and a pulse, but no measurable brain activity. Most of them I know personally...Hehehe! biggrin.gif

big4870885.jpg

Carla, please don't hurt me...

I don't mean this in a bad way...and don't mean to offend anyone..but...

Almost anyone who names their car...(with a few exceptions) almost "ALWAYS" give them a girls name.

If you ask them about it, they usually say that the car is sometimes moody and temperamental like a girl.

Mine is not moody and tempermental any more, so I named it "GHOST" :D

Posted Image

Mine doesn't have a name. It never will. Have I called it names? Many times lately and if I were to list those names here I would probably be banned, Lol. I think the majority of those names came out all at once when the hood fell on my head.....

Ok, so maybe cars don't have "feelings", but they definitely "speak" to us....and right now mine's saying "HELP! Or you'll be sorry...."

It's also saying "chug spit sputter squeak squawk" and any other foul language a car can speak to its owner.

big4870885.jpg

Okay, I am gonna sound like a weirdo here but whatever! lol Anyway Cars have faces! The headlights are the eyes, the grill is the mouth, the ones that have Hood ornaments (Cadillacs!!! & older cars: )) are the noses. Just something I have always thought about when I was a kid. I remember being young (maybe 6) when I slid under a car on a Wintery day. I was thinking as I went under it omg it's going to eat me! And to this day I observe the front end of every car I have owned or driven. lol Okay the weirdo is off to work again!

Instead of the Hills have Eyes!

The Caddy's Have Eyes!

Staring A 1959 Cadillac Coupe De Ville!

LOL

Edited by SeanMannino

Sean M.

1997 Cadillac DeVille

Okay, I am gonna sound like a weirdo here but whatever! lol Anyway Cars have faces! The headlights are the eyes, the grill is the mouth, the ones that have Hood ornaments (Cadillacs!!! & older cars: )) are the noses. Just something I have always thought about when I was a kid. I remember being young (maybe 6) when I slid under a car on a Wintery day. I was thinking as I went under it omg it's going to eat me! And to this day I observe the front end of every car I have owned or driven. lol Okay the weirdo is off to work again!

Instead of the Hills have Eyes!

The Caddy's Have Eyes!

Staring A 1959 Cadillac Coupe De Ville!

LOL

I agree about the faces.

Look at a lot of the newer cars...the grills are sorta curved, and they look like they are smiling at you.

My opinion...anyway. :D

Posted Image

I wonder why the Eldorados don't have hood ornaments....

Carla, with a hood ornament you would be hit even harder! Now when you are fine... how's the grill? :)

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Carla, with a hood ornament you would be hit even harder! Now when you are fine... how's the grill? :)

I'm guessing you are referring to my mis-hap with my hood? If so, my grill survived it better than my head. I think it may have been the hood latch actually that hit me, not the grill. Hard to tell for sure without eyes in the back of my head. My head is good...it's healing well and the bump is almost gone. I hold no grudges. If I did I wouldn't still be going out in the cold to work on it almost every day!biggrin.gif

big4870885.jpg

I'm guessing you are referring to my mis-hap with my hood? If so, my grill survived it better than my head. I think it may have been the hood latch actually that hit me, not the grill. Hard to tell for sure without eyes in the back of my head. My head is good...it's healing well and the bump is almost gone. I hold no grudges. If I did I wouldn't still be going out in the cold to work on it almost every day!biggrin.gif

One should really love his/her car to work on it in the cold. Kudos to you! My fingers stop cooperating in a minute or so. That's the reason I do not even consider doing some small stuff on my recently purchased Fleetwood until it is nice outside. BUT...when you have to, you have to... Three years ago I was working on blown brake lines in the parking lot of a hotel in the middle of a business trip. It was 5F, wind gusts...brrrrr.

I had to change brake lines on my old 1989 Chevy Blazer in 50 or so degrees and pouring rain once. That sucked pretty badly. Wouldn't you know the next day while taking a curved highway exit ramp, the upper A-arm broke on the passenger side front wheel at 45 mph.... shredded my front end, but I kept it under control and no one was hurt. All that work in the rain for nothing. It went to the scrapyard the next day. It was my very first vehicle. I still kinda miss it....but I like my Caddy a lot better.

I have bad luck with cars.... maybe I'll make a post about all my deceased vehicles sometime. I'm sure it would amuse some of you.

big4870885.jpg

I have bad luck with cars.... maybe I'll make a post about all my deceased vehicles sometime. I'm sure it would amuse some of you.

:) You do not have bad luck with cars. One should have guts to buy a 15 years old Cadillac and keep it running. On the side note, it is sad to see your Cadillac going to scrap yard after you put so many new parts in it... I am not even talking about all the work, effort, time, money you invested in it.

:) You do not have bad luck with cars. One should have guts to buy a 15 years old Cadillac and keep it running. On the side note, it is sad to see your Cadillac going to scrap yard after you put so many new parts in it... I am not even talking about all the work, effort, time, money you invested in it.

Oh my Caddy will NEVER see the junkyard!!!! I'll die trying to get it running right before I part with it.

Every other car I have had before it has met the fate of the junkyard though. I didn't form as strong a bond with them.....but none of them were Cadillacs.biggrin.gif

big4870885.jpg