CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

console lid

rockfangd

Hi all. I purchased a new console lid for my 96 Deville and I am not sure how to remove the trim piece on the back of the console that has the vents on it. You have to remove this trim piece so that the rear of the lid can be released. I have tried to pop the piece off but it is mint and I do not want to break it.

My old lid broke at the upper hinge mounts when I opened it one day and I didnt catch it in time :( .

If anyone can help I would very highly appreciate it

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Hmm, I pulled the control unit out of mine when I replaced the console with a DTS floor shift console, but I never did the vents. My guess would be it is pried out, but check from underneath or behind. Might have to remove the insert somehow.

Hmm, I pulled the control unit out of mine when I replaced the console with a DTS floor shift console, but I never did the vents. My guess would be it is pried out, but check from underneath or behind. Might have to remove the insert somehow.

It is just snapped in but i dont know exactly where to pull to release it. Maybe I can post a picture tomorrow

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived