CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: As Frank Zappa mighta said, You’re not a real Forum til Somebody Sues You

The Rock & Roll Experimental performer Frank Zappa once quipped:“You can’t be a Real Country unless you have a BEER and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a BEER.”This week I am feeling [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I have always held a belief that I know I am on the right track in life when someone tries to knock me down. Congtatulations Bruce, not only do you have a real forum, but you are making a difference for people (Thus on a right track in life). Never fails, as soon as someone achieves status, the non-achievers' horns come out & they try to take a piece of your pie.

I have always held a belief that I know I am on the right track in life when someone tries to knock me down.

THAT is a good attitude to take when presented with adversity. Thanks for your comment.

Bruce

Bruce, I think you are doing a great job. You do a very professional and fair job of running everything as smoothly as possible here. In my opinion, it seems like said Supplier is handling things a little harshly by threatening you with a lawsuit instead of trying to work things out in a civil and mature manner. As winterset said, you are on the right track. Don't let anything derail you.

big4870885.jpg

Bruce,

Keep up the good work.

I don't see where he has a legal leg to stand on, regarding suing "YOU" because of someone "ELSE'S" post about a product.

If there is anything I can do to help...you have my phone number.

Don't hesitate to call.

Posted Image

Carla, thank you for the kind words. You have been a very nice addition to our Community, and I hope you settle in and stay.

Jim, thanks. I am still hoping to see you next week at Cars & Coffee.

I am trying to be as polite as possible on the whole thing. I know that there are two sides to every story.

As I mentioned, I am blessed in that I have great Legal Support, and this will probably work itself out anyway. Although CaddyInfo is stressed trying to pay bills lately, I personally am not (which is part of how the site can afford stuff lol). I would rather pay to fly or drive to Florida and address this than buckle under to email threats. As my Lawyer said, "Oh well, I have not been down to Florida lately". And if I am lucky, I may get to see Cardio Doc while I am in the neighborhood -- he is another one of my 'Internet Friends' I have never actually met in person.

Bruce

I'm sorry to hear about this Bruce, but it was inevitable. In today's connected society people's voices can be heard and heard loudly on any subject that interests them, and that's the key. It's not at all like broadcast radio or TV. Today's internet communications are customized to a person's specific interests, which amplifies the words greatly.

I have felt the impact of that fact recently by reading buyer's reviews on purchases of a BD player. The equipment recieved really bad reviews, so I delayed my purchase until the manufacturer responds to the issues. It's a good thing for the purchaser in the end, and you should feel proud to provide a means for these issues to be brought out.

Ultimately, you have less culpabitity in this matter than those buyer's reviews, which are present on almost all online purchasing websites, so don't sweat it.

I am going to say this just to try to add a little humor to this situation, I hope I don't offend anyone. And I quote:

"Just remember, 95% of the lawyers give the rest a bad name!"

What's that address for donations again?

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

In the new Software we are using now, there is a menu item called "Subscriptions", several inches below the word Automotive in the subtitle at the top of the page, next to "Calendar" on a menu row. The Subscription page will take you to a page on which you can select to become a CaddyInfo Supporter.

Bruce

Archived