CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wifes car would not start this morning and discovered that she has no fuel delivery. Checked the zerk under the plenum cover and have no pressure whatsoever. Anything I need to check before I purchase a new pump and replace it? Do I understand that the pump is accessible from under the spare? Could use a little help.

Dom

Wifes car would not start this morning and discovered that she has no fuel delivery. Checked the zerk under the plenum cover and have no pressure whatsoever. Anything I need to check before I purchase a new pump and replace it? Do I understand that the pump is accessible from under the spare? Could use a little help.

Dom

Forgot to mention that it's a 2000 seville sls

To be clear 'check the zerk' is a reference to checking the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. When Dominator checked for fuel pressure, there was none.

Normally it would either be the pump or the fuel pressure regulator, or the connections between, I agree. No pressure at all does suggest the pump to me.

CoupeDTS recently went through a couple of pump installs.

You might also try reading the codes just to see if any info, although I suspect not: http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

When you turn the key to the "on" position before starting the car, can you hear the fuel pump turn on? I ask because a clogged fuel filter can cause lack of fuel as well though it would have to be severely clogged, so if the pump is running, then the filter could be the problem.

big4870885.jpg

Good chance the pump is kaput, but would be nice to check to see if it is getting power. Since it is not in a convenient spot might as well have the replacement on hand though by the time you get to where you can diagnose.

Bruce

Good chance the pump is kaput, but would be nice to check to see if it is getting power. Since it is not in a convenient spot might as well have the replacement on hand though by the time you get to where you can diagnose.

I agree. I was thinking that there is a possibilty that the relay may be bad. Gonna double check to make sure there is power to it though. Appreciate the advise

I agree. I was thinking that there is a possibilty that the relay may be bad. Gonna double check to make sure there is power to it though. Appreciate the advise

You are not gonna believe this...I went outside to have my wife turn the key on to see if I could hear the pump running. I heard nothing. I asked her to crank it and lo and behold it started! I sispect that there may have been some condensation in the tank causing fuel line freeze. I have had it in the garage all day and it may have been just warm enough to thaw it. Hopefully, this is the end of it.

Good that it started, but confusing. Maybe need a new gas cap? Would that make sense to avoid condensation in the tank? And summer to come...

Bruce

Good that it started, but confusing. Maybe need a new gas cap? Would that make sense to avoid condensation in the tank? And summer to come...

This morning I poured a bottle of fuel line anti freeze into the tank. It is possible that it finall opened the blockage. Not sure I am out of the woods yet, but you can be sure that she'll have a full tank of fuel in the morning!

Archived