CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Radiator Recommendation

Loudog

Hey guys my 1996 Seville was giving me some trouble with temp, today I went ahead and replaced the thermostat and after I replaced it and refilled the system let it heat up and I discovered a crack on the second rib of my radiator. I was shopping on RockAuto and found this and was wondering what you guys though about it as an aftermarket replacement.

VARIOUS MFR Part # GM3010148 {#52489132}

w/4.6L engine; Radiator assembly (Only 2 Remaining)

More Info

$100.79 $0.00 $100.79

Any thoughts on the matter?

Edited by Loudog

I checked out both and neither appears to have the item available. I thought that RockAuto was one of the sponsors here. Any who I may be getting it from my local car quest as their price isn't too bad compared to what I have found online and I can have it tomorrow morning. Now if only the temp was supposed to be above freezing tomorrow. Any pro tips on this one or is it a pretty standard procedure? I checked alldata and they don't seem to mention anything out of the ordinary.

Don't get the cheapest radiator that will fit. A good radiator is good for 10 years or more. A cheap radiator may be good for two or three years.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Don't get the cheapest radiator that will fit. A good radiator is good for 10 years or more. A cheap radiator may be good for two or three years.

Well I honestly dont know the band of what my guy at car quest ordered, however he has never done me wrong on a part and the price is right. If im not mistaken it does come with a LLT replacement warranty.

I agree. $100 sounds too cheap. $150 would be fine.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I agree. $100 sounds too cheap. $150 would be fine.

Well I ordered it over the phone to my car quest and I think ill be paying about $140 for it. The guy who runs the car quest by me was a friend of my grandfathers so I normally get about 20% off.