CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac SRX Breaks the Redesign Mold

What most impresses about the new SRX, however, is that its interior no longer looks like a refugee from the Chevrolet camp, dressed up in hand-me-down leather. Long a weakness while Cadillac was getting its chassis/powertrain/styling house in order, the SRX is another in a line of recent Caddys (the CTS-V is another) with a dramatically better-looking cabin. For instance, the centre console doesn't look like a mishmash of disparate bits thrown in so the brochure can boast the latest gadgets. Cohesive, ergonomically sound and stylish, the SRX's audio/air conditioning control faceplate may not be the stylistic tour de force of an Audi's, but it's definitely in the game. Ditto the gauge set, which in Cadillac designs has long been an afterthought. There are trendy black numerals on a white background and the centre of the speedometer is occupied by a round, full-colour TFT dial that displays all manner of vehicle/engine/ trip functions in a bright and cheery manner. There's also a pop-up LCD screen for the navigation system and my new favourite gadget -- an adjustable height limiter for the rear liftgate (via a rotary switch mounted on the driver's door) so little people can also reach the door-close button.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/cars/story.html?id=2498216#ixzz0e0HRRWfe

The National Post is now on Facebook. Join our fan community today.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived