CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Is there a new fuel coming in 4 years,

Wildcard

I need to get my car running right...I wanna see some ricers cry.

It really is fun.

I enjoy doing it.

Darling Wife says I am too old for that and that I should quit making them feel bad.

When you do it...Try to make sure they have a buddy with them. :D

Then SOMEONE ELSE knows that they got beat by a big ol' Cadillac...and they will go tell everybody how he got beat.

:D :D :D

Posted Image

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. I can't wait until summer when my brother has his Honda out of hibernation. (in his defense, it was given to him for free). I want to make his Honda cry....not him....just the Honda.

big4870885.jpg

Hey...I just thought of something......

With you being a "GIRL"...that would make it a 100 times worse.

(imagined conversation)

"Hey everybody...Joe Bob got beat this morning...by a "GIRL" in a big ol' Cadillac."

then everybody laughs and makes fun of Joe Bob getting beat by a "GIRL"

(end of imagined conversation)

:D :D :D :D

Posted Image

(imagined conversation)

"Hey everybody...Joe Bob got beat this morning...by a "GIRL" in a big ol' Cadillac."

Haha, yeah I imagine that would make it a lot worse. I blew some punk kid out of the water a while back. He was driving a big old pickup, I'm pretty sure it was a Dodge, Canary yellow, big tires, lift kit, loud exhaust... He thought he was going to cut me off....Wrong Answer Buddy!!

big4870885.jpg

Another thing to remember is the demographics of the average DTS driver.

It is the little old man and the little old blue haired lady going to the country club or to the hairdresser or the Wednesday afternoon bridge game.

Cadillac has to tune it so that it fits THAT demographic.

I don't think that is true anymore Jim. If it where they never would have bothered developing the Northstar.

(imagined conversation)

I think I have told this story before, but I'll tell it again for Carla's benefit.

Reminds me of when I "talked" my daughter into her first SLS. She somewhat reluctantly and I think halfheartedly bought it because I said it was a very good deal (it was). One day she was on and entrance ramp that narrowed from 2 lanes to 1 lane and spotted a Mustang coming up on her right trying to ace her out. She planted her right foot and blew his doors off. I don't think she was off the entrance ramp when she called me at work and the first words out of her mouth where "DAD,I LOVE THIS CAR!", as she proceeded to tell me how a guy in a yellow mustang just got a new found respect for a chick in a red Caddy.

I have it pretty much the way I like it now. It has a nice mix of performance and economy.

Both are now a little better than when it was stock.

I would have expected the good folk at Cadillac to have optimized the car for the best mix of performance and economy. I wonder if production variation is such that many Cadillacs would benefit from such a fine tune?

Then again, maybe their butt-tachs are different than yours? :P

Regards,

Warren

i think it comes down to this. the guys making the cars dont know were there car is going to end up. it could be florida or could be up in the mountains. could be in 105 degree heat or 5 degree cold. if they fine tune it to run one way and the car ends up in a def climate from were it was tuned and or alt it could effect the way the car runs... or does not run ;). So i think they have to tune it so that it will run good in many conditions instead of fine tuning it to just one. Also they have to look at longevity. thats why when you buy say a sports car there is so much room for improvment threw simple mods like chips, exhuast,ect ect. the harder you make a motor run the faster it will ware out or the larger the chance for something to break. like the old saying the brightest candle's burn out the fastest or something like that lol.personaly from what iv read "and felt ;)" i think cadillac did a pretty dang good job on the N*. i mean a 4.6L N/A motor that puts out between 275 and 300HP yet still gets about 30mpg hw ...yea im happy . compare that to the lincoln towncar 4.6L. that has between 220 and 235hp and less MPG! lol i remember when i got my deville about 6 months ago i also tried out a towncar, i could not believe the def in power!

Archived