CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

bumper boyz

caz1986

Hello fellow Caddy owners,

I'm looking for a new rear bumper for my 1971 Eldorado, and i'm thinking about using Bumper Boyz for the job, but i would like to hear your oppinion about them, and if any of you have had a bumper made by them please let me know.

Thank you very much

Casper

I haven't used them but when most of the cars had real bumpers like your '71, most body shops had a source for re-chroming bumpers. If your's is still in decent shape other than some of the chrome peeling, maybe it would be an option. Who knows, by now, all the re-chrome shops may have disappeared.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

bumper boyz brings their semi to a big swap meet here in nebraska once a year, sounds like they do ALOT of business which is probably good.

I know here in nebraska/western iowa alot of the hot rodders use industrial plating in omaha. We have a few chrome shops in our region but they are known for the best work. If you want it done cheaper there are other options here and I could even give you some names in california of just rechroming shops that do show chrome but only a select few actually fix bumpers/grilles etc if rusted or dented and industrial plating is where people go around here when they want the best job done. Turn around time isnt the fastest and the price isnt the best but if you want the best work thats where we go.

Regular chrome shops that I know of a handful around the country from cali to az to nebraska to chicago to new york only buff and smooth parts then chrome. The chrome is very very nice but they dont do repairs.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Archived