CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Meguire's NXT Tech Wax 2.0

I tried the paste wax version of this product yesterday on my 2010 Wrangler 4 door, outstanding water beading performance and great shine. This wax is a little pricey for a single can of wax, like $16.00, but if water beading performance is any indication, it is well worth the cost. The can says it helps prevent rust and corrosion, which I assumed any wax would do, but this is the first time I saw it written on any product label.

Time will tell how long this wax lasts of course, and I'll try to post back with an update.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

• 1 month later...

Well, it's been just a couple of days over one month since I originally posted this report on NXT 2.0. As of today, the car is still beading water pretty much the same way as it did when the wax was first applied! This is pretty good performance from what I can tell since we have had about the worst winter in several years around here. The car sits outside all of the time, and is driven regularly in the snow and salt. I've washed the car three times during days around 40°F, and I use dishwashing liquid soap, drying it with terrycloth towels. I'd say this product is a winner.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

[ The NXT Tech Wax 2.0 is great. I have used it since it came out on my '99 STS, my custom flamed bike and now on my "new" 2007 STS. It is long lasting and the best wax I have ever used over the last forty some odd years. Just my 2 cents worth.

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been just a couple of days over one month since I originally posted this report on NXT 2.0. As of today, the car is still beading water pretty much the same way as it did when the wax was first applied! This is pretty good performance from what I can tell since we have had about the worst winter in several years around here. The car sits outside all of the time, and is driven regularly in the snow and salt. I've washed the car three times during days around 40°F, and I use dishwashing liquid soap, drying it with terrycloth towels. I'd say this product is a winner.

Gee I hope you aren't serious about using dishwashing liquid soap? Because I am sure you must know that is strips off wax...it is a great product perhaps to use as a cleaner before polishing and waxing...

I started using the paste version of Meguires NXT Tech Wax 2.0 a few years ago and was very happy with it. After doing a bit of poking around on line I had a few people tell me that their liquid version is exactly the same and a lot easier to apply. The next time I needed to wax, I tried it. They were right! The liquid version is every bit as good as the paste wax and it is very easy to apply (porter cable machine) and even easier to remove. I wax my 2005 Escalade twice a year and I use Griots Garage spray wax after a normal wash which extends the life of the NXT. My car always looks great, water always beads, and dirt comes off easily when washed.

• 2 months later...

I use Meguire's NXT generation tech wax 2.0

The result is excellent!

A car looks better on a picture than in reality but it sure doesn't look like it has been driven 76000+ miles.

post-56-128164524194_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Archived