CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Need referral for paint and body work for 77 Eldorado

Hi,

We have a 1977 Eldorado. After several years we have finally been able to collect all the need external parts that needed replacement. What we are looking for is the recommendation of a good place in the Fresno/Clovis - area of California where we can get the parts properly installed and the car painted- refinished. We also need to have the top replaced. Any recommendations are appreciated. As well as any suggestions as to what price range we should be looking at for this type of work.

We had a few people recommend the local Maaco, but them others say "NO" so can someone give us some help?

Thanks,

Kelly (I'm a she by the way).

:welcomesmiley:

A lot of the expense of painting is the masking & prep, then the type of paint job that you want.

So first you need to consider how much you want to do yourself, and how much you want to hire done.

Then you can decide if you want the paint to be factory-like or show quality; generally for paint jobs I think you get what you pay for. If you want a show-quality paint job you need to look for local shops that cater to special cars. I think Maaco can do a quality paint job also, but you need to discuss with them what your expectations are, and buy their "Signature" level 2-coats of paint with clearcoat, but it is accordingly more expensive.

On one of the BMW forums I see a recommendation for Diamond Auto Body and Paint in Fresno; Map

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived