CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1929 Cadillac Dual Cowl Phantom Restoration

Bruce Nunnally

46258d1263748158-29-cadillac-dual-cowl-p

I am currently restoring a 1929 Cadillac Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton. This car has been in my family for 40 years. We enjoyed the car for many years as a driven very original car. After 81 years it was time for some restoration work which of course started as a small project and has turned into a complete chassis restoration. I started the project in the fall of 2005 and the speed at which it progresses depends on time and finance which is probably true for most.

To date we have removed all sheet metal and removed the body. The chassis was completely taken down with every part inspected and restored. The engine was rebuilt and balanced.The Buffalo wires were all trued blasted and powdercoated with rechromed snaprings and Hubs. We will be putting Denman blackwalls on the car as I believe it to be more authentic. All accessories have been restored with only the carb and starter to finish. We are currently working on the reassembly of the chassis components. The body is a full polished aluminum body never painted and in very good original condition which I currently plan to leave as is.

I attempt no short cut in the restoration process because I feel responsible to caretake it correctly. We also attempt to be as accurate to authentic as is possible. I use Clayton Restorations LTD in Castle Rock Colorado for any work I do not feel qualified to attempt. I recommend this shop highly!

I find this site has kept me motivated even when things start to look overwhelming.

One of my favorite aspects of the hobby has been in the research of any history pertaining to this car. I have spoken with many member of various clubs who have helped me enormously. Earliest known history has the car in the hands of Ray Wolff in the early 1950's. I have an early painting of this car which was displayed in the late Henry Austin Clark Jr. Long Island Automotive Museum.

I am very interested in anybody that can share any knowledge of this car with me.

Respond here: http://forums.aaca.org/f190/29-cadillac-du...ion-275588.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived