CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

98 Deville changing out Stereo

For wifes Christmas I want to change out the factory cass unit with a CD unit, it has a cass and theft and wheel control. I have purchased a face plate and need to know what is involved in this. Seems like a pain to get the old unit out and will I be able to tap into the Elec ant and speakers.

For wifes Christmas I want to change out the factory cass unit with a CD unit, it has a cass and theft and wheel control. I have purchased a face plate and need to know what is involved in this. Seems like a pain to get the old unit out and will I be able to tap into the Elec ant and speakers.

Are you planning on replacing this with an after market? - if so, be prepared to loose the chimes, and the wheel controls (unless you also purchase the 2 pricey aftermarket componants).

You will probably need a complete new harness that goes all the way to the trunk, i have a 95 and that is what i needed to do in order to upgrade

good luck, it's not that bad, take your time and hide all the wires good

Yes an aftermarket unless anyone knows or has for sale a indash cd/radio player for sale.

Well loosing all the controls are not an issue, I could run a new harness but need to know where to purchase one. Also a pin out of the Caddy control head would be helpful. Can not I just tone out the speakers find a power source and a way to enable the antenna.

could you explain running the power direct for me please-I changed one out for my daughters car and could not get it to work because of the theft lock. Ended up putting the cassette back in.

Archived