CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

hard start

aross2566

Hey Guys...My 1999 Eldorado is starting to not want to start. Its not all the time. I'm not pulling a code. Sometimes it will just begin to start then die out. After about the third time it will start. I had this problem a couple times last year. I accidently put 87 octane in one time last year. I thought it might have been that but a few of you guys said that wouldn't make a difference. You thought is was probably bad gas. It did go away. But now it's starting again. This is my wifes winter car. God help me if it breaks down during the winter....I'm sure you all understand that. Any suggestions where I should start to look.

Check the fuel pressure. If you see it drop when the car dies, then the fuel pump is bad.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

• 2 weeks later...
Check the fuel pressure. If you see it drop when the car dies, then the fuel pump is bad.

Thanks guys....it was the fuel pump. It did drop pressure after shutting off and it did start ok after starting and turning off. Thanks again.

Thank you for the update. It is good to have some closure and help other people in the future by tying out the symptoms to the solution.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived