CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

looking to buy a 96 seville STS

swannee

Hey, how is everybody doing? I love Cadillac but I haven't had a lot of hands on experience with them. I'm going to take a look at it and was wondering if somebody could chime in and let me know what I should watch out for. Car has 179,000 miles and the asking price is $2800. Thanks for your time. :D

:welcomesmiley:

Grab the diagnostic trouble codes http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html when you go to look at the car.

I love the 96 STS wheels, and it is a terrific model year.

Lots of things can need maintenance and repair in a car of that age; if you are stretching to buy the car then you will need to be able to repair or maintain the car, or have a friendly mechanic.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

i will sell you my 96 sts with 120k miles and new headgaskets for the same price. MN location though. very nice car. really. 179k miles is getting up there. depends on condition though. good body? dents, dings or so on?

Don't expect it to be a new car - it is 14 years old. Expect to put some money into it for repairs that will need to be done.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

At 179K your rolling the dice, mine went 312k but lots of highway driving, your results may vary :D . As Bruce said check codes get maint. history. I'd offer 1200.00 but that's me.

Good Luck, Joe

Hey, how is everybody doing? I love Cadillac but I haven't had a lot of hands on experience with them. I'm going to take a look at it and was wondering if somebody could chime in and let me know what I should watch out for. Car has 179,000 miles and the asking price is $2800. Thanks for your time. :D

For $2,800 you can probably find the same car with half of the mileage.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I'd say the real "Deal busters" would be the engine of course, watch for overheat symptoms/condition of coolant........too new is as bad a sign as too old!

And of course with the STS, the shocks/struts are big bucks, though I'm not sure what the exact cost for '96 parts would be. If they're electronic, they cost a lot, or you'd be stuck converting it to dumb shocks and getting the dash light to go out.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived