CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

changing antifreeze

aross2566

How do I change out the antifreeze in my 1999 Eldorado? I cant find a pitcock to drain the radiator. Thanks in advance everyone.

Disconnect the lower radiator hose.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

The radiator hose is rather high on the radiator so you'll leave a lot of coolant behind. you can't get it all out anyway, but now you'll leave move. The drain is on the drivers side. They keep moving them from the back face to underneath. I think yours in on the bottom. There should be a small access hole, but it's a lot easier if you pull the splash shield.

When I changed my coolant ('97 DeVille), I made a small tool to turn the screw for on the bottom of the radiator. The screw itself looks easy to turn (looks like a big wing nut), but I could not get my hand into there. With the tool, I could reach it from under the car. The tool was just a piece of 1 dm or 1/3 foot of broomstick or similar with a cut slit in it to fit the "wing nut". I also disconnected the lower radiator hose, because it was so slow to get it out the other way (I did not get the "wing nut" out). To get the last of it out, I gently pushed the loosened "wing nut" (I don't know why I could not get it out more, but it would not come out no matter how much I turned). Below is a link to a picture of the "wing nut" plug:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?act...ost&id=3973

Archived