CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Caliper painting

The Mother of all caliper painting threads: http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/sho...ad.php?t=104856

suplies1.jpg

A walkthrough pictorial essay on Caliper painting by one of my favorite explainers, Junkman2008. Older post that got recent comments, but I had not seen it previously.

From the dungeon of The Junkman, another DIY!

This is a detailed post for those of us who can't look at a bolt and tell whether to use a 1/2" or 5/8" socket to remove it. To this day, I still can't. This thread is for those of us who are mechanically challenged, don't like to get our finger nails dirty, or never owned a car in high school OR college. This is for those of us who have never heard of a jacking puck or know where to put them, or knew that there are 4 alternate locations to jack your car other than where the manual states. This my friends, is a post for those of us who would consider ourselves "car mechanic dummies".

Want I want to cover here is a step by step guide on how to paint your calipers while the calipers are still attached to the car, what to use, how to do it, and what mistakes NOT to make. I will go into way more detail than most will need, but someone out there (like me) will appreciate that. Thus, skip the parts that are in more detail than you need.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Hard to see, but the CTS Coupe Prototype had "Cadillac" in script along the brake calipers.

Very good looking.

4056066419_4fb5e6ef2a_b.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived