CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

"speed limited to 90" message?

Ok so everytime I start my car I get a "speed limited to 90" message on my DIC even after I reset my codes, here's the codes I still get after reseting, for the abs: c1252,c1253,c1255 and pcm:p1611,p1652... What I wanna know is how can I fix this so I can go over 90 if I wish and so I don't get an annoying message on my DIC ugh.

C1255 - EBCM Internal Malfunction

P1611 - Loss of CVRTD Serial Data

I believe these two codes are your leading indicators.

If this was my car I would R & R the connector on the EBTCM and spray the contacts on the chassis cable and the module with electrical contact cleaner as a first step.

Clear all codes and see what codes are set after a test drive.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

C1255 - EBCM Internal Malfunction

P1611 - Loss of CVRTD Serial Data

I believe these two codes are your leading indicators.

If this was my car I would R & R the connector on the EBTCM and spray the contacts on the chassis cable and the module with electrical contact cleaner as a first step.

Clear all codes and see what codes are set after a test drive.

What's r&r remove and repair and where and what is the ebtcm? And these are the codes that just stay there even right after I reset them

What's r&r remove and repair and where and what is the ebtcm?

R & R = remove and replace or in this case remove and re-install. What I am recommending is to eliminate the possibility of a corroded electrical connector.

EBTCM = Electronic Brake & Traction Control Module and is located at the bottom - left - front corner of the engine cradle. Easily identified by the 6 steel brake lines attached.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

....I haven't done anything but read the codes today (waiting for tommorow when I can pull it inside out of the rain), but any suggestions / help would be much appreciated.

I would "suggest" you start a fresh post.

Because your 1997 model differs from the original poster's 1999 model as far as the suspension parts are concerned. Yes, the OBDII codes are the same but mixing and trying to match the different year/models will add confusion for future readers.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived