CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

LOW USED XLR PRICES

sonjaab

hEY aLL....................... I just returned from So. Fla. (west palm and ft. meyers

and read the paper daily esp.the deals on any classic and late model Caddys.

In both the west palm and ft. meyers classifieds there were several 04 XLRs

with miles in the 30s for a reasonable $25k and change !

Of course they were not at Caddy dealers.

Its a good time for somebody who wants one and wants to buy it right!

And to think that car cost $85 plus a few years back!

Sorry Sal ..............Was too busy running to stop and visit!

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Yes, I saw one here locally, I think an 06, for $25. Really getting tempting.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/1500337883.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

hi all

the prices running down in switzerland too.

so i have now also a XLR (04) with arround 25'000 miles on it for 1/4 of the new price.

(07-V) are available for less then 1/2 of the new price.

pics done and can see it here:

http://www.hasag.info/privat/tom/cars/index.html

right now i will not drive the 99 sts and the 04 xlr until next spring (have to wait until the salt is gone)

tom

tom: are you saving the cars for the next owner? caddys do not rust. i live in the rust belt of the country and i see very few if any rusty 10yr old caddys. do they salt roads instead of plowing there? common in the chicago area. we do both in MN. come on, drive that STS.

joeb: i still have my VW-VAN to drive so i will drive it for this winter and then i will sell it.

they plow the streets if it have more then about 3" of new-snow and then saltet. or just saltet every night and day if it weet or icy.

is is more about the sts have only 9'000 miles on it and i like to drive the car first on sunny and dry days.

also i have only one garage at home and another garage at my girl-friend, but still have three cars....

from dezember until march we have usually below freezing point temps and they salt as many as they can!

tom

joeb: i still have my VW-VAN to drive so i will drive it for this winter and then i will sell it.

they plow the streets if it have more then about 3" of new-snow and then saltet. or just saltet every night and day if it weet or icy.

is is more about the sts have only 9'000 miles on it and i like to drive the car first on sunny and dry days.

also i have only one garage at home and another garage at my girl-friend, but still have three cars....

from dezember until march we have usually below freezing point temps and they salt as many as they can!

tom

I also live in a HIGH salt area... the car has been in this type of area its whole life, and it is just starting to develop tiny spots of rust after 17 years and 165k miles. I only give it a proper wash in the spring to get rid of excess salt.

Yours will be perfect at 30 years old!! :)

-Chris

my uncle has an XLR. i could get in line to be the next buyer but i don't know if i would like that type of car. we got 6" of snow last night and i just got back from the store. our new car has stability control and it did not like the way i was tossing it around. turning and going from dry to icy patches seems to upset the car. brand new car. 3yr old prior car also had ASC but never acted like that. winter driving is a challenge.

Hi all

- I can only drive one car at the same time (have only two legs and two arms) :-)

- For every car with a plate i have to pay taxes and insurance (we can only change plate at two car (usually)

About rust; yes i know, my 96'sts i drove all season for about 6 years and 100'000Km without any rust after that

XLR; this car i have to drive top down (and not on snowy roads) and nothing more

What left for the XLR? We have over 100 passes in the country and i am sure it will be fun enough

or go to good old germany (15 miles away) where is a higher speed limit, specially not on highways

STS: Still have to check/repair the air-condition system (it is a leak some where)

Tom

Archived