i have seen a few "performance chips for the 4.6 on ebay and was wondering if there are actualy any noticeble changes? they boast a 5-10 mpg boost both city and highway and a measky 15-40 hp. im still sceptical on this but needed feed back thanx

43655807_a46d727e81.jpg

Careful. The 'chips' you see on ebay tend to be resistors to change the intake air value to a permanent 'low' temp instead of reading off the temp sensor.

Wester's Garage and other places do offer custom calibrations for the FWD northstar. Example: http://www.exatorq.com/CadillacNorthstar

Your car doesn't use a 'chip'; the PCM has to be re-programmed.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black; 2013 Cadillac ATS 2L Turbo Premium (Wife's)

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce is right. They'll do more harm than good. A 5-10 MPG increase is laughable.

Careful. The 'chips' you see on ebay tend to be resistors to change the intake air value to a permanent 'low' temp instead of reading off the temp sensor.

Wester's Garage and other places do offer custom calibrations for the FWD northstar. Example: http://www.exatorq.com/CadillacNorthstar

Bruce is right, and on a stock motor every performance chip has produced stock performance... Unless you are planing on making internal modifications to the motor, like new cams or ported heads, or higher compression, then these chips do nothing.

Oh and our transmission is rated for 300HP... make 305 and it seems to live about 10 minutes... I know, I'm on my second.

Edited by OynxSTS

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

they boast a 5-10 mpg boost both city and highway and a measky 15-40 hp.

:lol:

Bruce is right, and on a stock motor every performance chip has produced stock performance... Unless you are planing on making internal modifications to the motor, like new cams or ported heads, or higher compression, then these chips do nothing.

Oh and our transmission is rated for 300HP... make 305 and it seems to live about 10 minutes... I know, I'm on my second.

cool thanx for the tranny warning

43655807_a46d727e81.jpg

I broke down and tried one of those ebay chips. Basically my car idled really high, about 2500 rpm, and burned rich, neither of which increased my power or gas mileage. It was so bad I could get up to 50 mph inside half a mile without touching the gas, and I had to ride the brake to keep from speeding. I'm just glad I didn't do any damage to my car.

No matter where you go, there you are.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. We tried to warn you, but sometimes you just have to find out for yourself. Thanks for the feedback.

Check out www.voloperformance.com