CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ok so i found out today when i checked that none of the taillights attached to truck lid work i pulled the peice off and checked all the bulbs checked for corrosion in any of the connectors and harness, even the license plate lamp doesnt work, but the funny thing is they do work when i unlock my car with the key fob they just dont work when my lights are on maybe a fuse or a relay but which one? i dont know. (also my high mount third brake light does work) please help i dont want to drive without lights and get a ticket :o

Where the cable for the taillights passes along the hinge between the trunk and the body of the car sometimes frays. That could give you an intermittent short.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Ok so turned out I didn't have ground on the harness (weird) so I just grounded the wire and now all the lights work!!!

All I did was take the black wire from the wire harness Trace it back to the bottom of the trunk splice it and just ground it to metal simple and now all the lights work,cause when I used my light tester they all work but just no ground now I just gotta get the money to replace the high mount brake light (its out in a couple places) I seen them on ebay for like 100 bucks.

Edited by cadi509