CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trunk Water

bigfoo

Wow...that's a lot of rust!! All over the place!!

My car is a 92 and there's no rust anywhere except for the bolts that hold down the seats. I've found rust on them but I realize it's because the car has leaks by the passenger side rear door and the driver side front door. From what I could see, the floors are intact but I'm sure eventually, they will end up rotting out.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Wow...that's a lot of rust!! All over the place!!

My car is a 92 and there's no rust anywhere except for the bolts that hold down the seats. I've found rust on them but I realize it's because the car has leaks by the passenger side rear door and the driver side front door. From what I could see, the floors are intact but I'm sure eventually, they will end up rotting out.

A lot of rust?!? Yes my fuel door took a beating the past 2 winters. I have a new one here waiting to be painted. But where else is "all" the rust? The bolts holding the fuel door on? Trust me I'll bet I can find rust on your car other then your seat bolts LOL. My 94 has over 214,000 miles on her. How many on your 92? The amount of salt used on the roads where you live is a joke by comparison to the amount here. Where I live my 94 is considered in "excellent" condition. Sure I take offense to your comment because I rinse the underbody, at least, once a week and your comment was off the mark. :huh:

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Out of curiosity:

I've read several threads on this board about water leaking into the trunks of Sevilles. I can't remember seeing any reference to wet Eldorado trunks. Is the Eldorado trunk less prone to leaking (possibly due to design differences)?

This has been a very informative thread. Thanks to the contributors, especially the excellent photos.!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

That's a good question Poobah. I have yet to hear of any Eldos with leaky trunks. Apparently the Seville is better designed for mobile aquariums. :lol:

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

That's a good question Poobah. I have yet to hear of any Eldos with leaky trunks. Apparently the Seville is better designed for mobile aquariums. :lol:

I know one thing, the Deville never gets leaks, it was built as a boat!

Kger2,

Is it possible that your quarter panel was replaced before you bought the car?

It just seems that there is a lot of gaps that shouldn't be there around your gas filler.

Did you go to Sheldrake on Valentines day?

Britt

Britt

Kger2,

Is it possible that your quarter panel was replaced before you bought the car?

It just seems that there is a lot of gaps that shouldn't be there around your gas filler.

Did you go to Sheldrake on Valentines day?

Britt

Hey Britt,

It's the original. If you look closely at the first or second pic i posted you'll notice that I circled all the screws I had to remove in order to take out the plastic fill tube housing. That's why the gutter is visible, along with the rust Marika is obsessed with. When the plastic housing is in place none of the rust, gaps, gutter are visible. Try removing yours sometime. It's another world behind there. I was able to get the camera inside to snap some of those nice shots you see. I have more but only posted the ones that were relevant.

Yes we managed to get to Sheldrake for V-Day dinner. Nasty weather and 3 hours on the road. And it was all worth it. For after dinner entertainment we got to see this hotshot butthead drive into a ditch causing his rear end to stick straight up in the air. Sorry I didn't take any pics for you but I figured you wouldn't get all excited about seeing photos of snow. :lol:

-kg

"Burns" rubber

Archived