CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Sweet 1984 Eldorado Biarritz convertible

slide show of pics:

btn_geturs.gifbtn_viewall.gif

Craig's List: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1471965557.html

There were only a total of 3300 of the convertable made and even less with the Biarritz package. This car is not easy to come by with the low original miles (48,xxx), Convertable, and the Continental package. It has power everthing front and rear windows, mirriors, convertable top, both seats. The car has cruise control, white leather interior (no rips or show of wear), digital climate control, and I have the cover for the convertable top when its down. This El Dorado is in very good condition and runs out very strong. It is White on White with blue carpeting and all the floor mats. Here is a little information on the the vehicle. I have a lot more pictures so email me if you would like to see more.

This is a super rare Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible which Cadillac commissioned to be built through the Factory convertible conversion ( ASC) in 1984. This is a 1984 Eldorado Barritz Convertible, original 2 owner car car with on 48k original miles. The Base Price of the 1984 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible was $31,274.00 before any additional options were added. Only 3,300 Eldorado Convertibles were Built in 1984 This Eldorado Biarritz is finished in beautiful Midnight Blue Metallic with Firethorn Red leather interior, and White convertible top . These cars were built by Cadillac as the ELDORADO BIARRITZ CONVERTIBLE model. Cadillac contracted American Sunroof Company (ASC) for assistance in building these cars for only 2 years. Cadillac put most every luxury convenience in this convertible, including upper-level Biarritz trim (chrome), a power top with glass rear window and full headliner, Power rear side windows, etc... This was not cheap, one reason why so few were built. The frames of these factory convertibles have been extremely reinforced with sub frame additions and bracing to almost a point of overkill. They really did a good job on these factory convertibles making the car structurally quite impressive, even more so than any other GM convertible prior. Top up or top down, this is a great driving car.

1984CadillacElorado6.jpg

This would be a great car to have if the HT4100 had already been replaced with a 4.9L

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

This would be a great car to have if the HT4100 had already been replaced with a 4.9L

That would be impossible - that vintage of Eldorado had the longitudnally mounted engine. All the 4.5 and 4.9 engines were for transverse applications.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

That would be impossible - that vintage of Eldorado had the longitudnally mounted engine. All the 4.5 and 4.9 engines were for transverse applications.

One of the re-manufacture sites had some 'improvements' to the HT4100; one of the other opinions I had read is that they either do well or not -- that some examples ran quite well for an extended period with no problems. Just NEVER let them overheat.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Buying a car with a HT-4100 would not bother me in the least. If the engine needed work, I would install new cylinder o-rings, the latest design gaskets, and the supplemental sealant pellets in the coolant. That would result in a bulletproof (although underpowered) engine.

What I described is what was done in the 4.5 and later the 4.9 engines and they are pretty much bulletproof.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived