CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Free XM till 11/30/09

Texas Jim

If your car has an XM receiver...you can get free XM till the end of the month.

No catches ... no strings...

If you want to keep it... it is 77 bucks a year...if you don't like it...no big deal, it will quit working at the end of the month.

Posted Image

Jim,

How is the free trial activated? My '05 has the XM receiver package - I'll try it out.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Jim,

How is the free trial activated? My '05 has the XM receiver package - I'll try it out.

Just switch over to the XM band and put it on the station.

My understanding is it is already on.

Here is part of an e-mail...

Beginning today, you're invited to try XM* Radio until November 30 at no charge. And you don't have to do a thing. Your XM is already on. Just hit the BAND/XM button and start listening!

• Sample 60 XM channels including commercial-free music, hilarious comedy, the best in sports, news, talk, entertainment and more

• See the 60 channel lineup and start picking your favorites here

If you love what you hear and want over 170 channels, XM is now offering special subscription rates. For a limited time, get the XM Everything package at just $4.99 per month for 6 months, or $77 for a full year.** Subscribe now or call 1-877-296-0322.

Posted Image

I'll try it out this afternoon in more detail. I put the radio on XM yesterday but only received the sample message/program.

EDIT: I tried it and it worked. I'll review it for the next week and a half to see if I want to spend the money for a subscription to XM. Thanks Jim for letting me know about the free trial offer!

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I'll try it out this afternoon in more detail. I put the radio on XM yesterday but only received the sample message/program.

EDIT: I tried it and it worked. I'll review it for the next week and a half to see if I want to spend the money for a subscription to XM. Thanks Jim for letting me know about the free trial offer!

No problem.

Glad to help.

If you decide you like it...at 77 bucks...thats only a buck forty eight a week. :D

Pretty cheap "IF" you like XM...way too much if you don't. :D

Posted Image

I scanned through the channels on my way home from work yesterday. At this point, I'm not sure if I want to plunk down $77.00 but we'll see. Does they make the free trial offer very often?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I scanned through the channels on my way home from work yesterday. At this point, I'm not sure if I want to plunk down $77.00 but we'll see. Does they make the free trial offer very often?

I have had XM since Dec of 2005.

This is the first time I have heard of a free trial...except when you buy a new car.

You can get it for the &77.00 price anytime...if you insist on it.

Just tell them you got an e-mail about the &77.00 promotion. :D:D:D

Personally, I like it XM, but do understand that not everyone else does.

I have not used the FM or AM band on my radio over a half dozen time in the last couple of years.

One odd thing I noticed about "THIS" free trial...you only get to listen to 60 channels, when they actually have 170 channels. Looks like they would get more subscribers if the people could sample "ALL" of XM.

Posted Image

One odd thing I noticed about "THIS" free trial...you only get to listen to 60 channels, when they actually have 170 channels. Looks like they would get more subscribers if the people could sample "ALL" of XM.

I noticed that also. Seems like they should let a prospective new subscriber view the whole package, not just the channels they think everyone would like.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I tried it yesterday and today - NADA.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

This is the first time I have heard of a free trial...except when you buy a new car.

I have not used the FM or AM band on my radio over a half dozen time in the last couple of years.

I have the free trial due to expire in the middle of December. I would like to subscribe but there are many people who have had problems dealing with XM, so I'm not sure if I want to risk dealing with billing problems, etc. See link below:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_electronics/xm.html

I have XM and listen to it ALL the time in the Cadillac. My Wife insisted on satellite radio for her current car because of the XM in the Cadillac.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I have the free trial due to expire in the middle of December. I would like to subscribe but there are many people who have had problems dealing with XM, so I'm not sure if I want to risk dealing with billing problems, etc. See link below:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_electronics/xm.html

You could ask to be INVOICED... if that don't work, look thru your credit cards for one that expires pretty soon and use that one.

When you get a replacement card...it will not work for automatic billing.

(Been There Done That... on one of my automatic payments)

I, personanally, have never had any trouble with them, but I do understand that a lot of other people have and when I renew my subscription, I will also be careful.

Posted Image

I have XM and listen to it ALL the time in the Cadillac. My Wife insisted on satellite radio for her current car because of the XM in the Cadillac.

Same here.

When I get another car...it will HAVE TO have XM.

That is all we ever listen to.

Posted Image

I tried it yesterday and today - NADA.

Thats odd...on this board and others that I am on...I have not heard of it NOT WORKING for anyone.

Do you have anything like "BLUESTAR" installed?

Posted Image

There is a sequence; when they 'turn on' the XM for your car your car has to 'sync' within the next 3-4 hours. Otherwise you have to have them hit it again when you can have your car out with a clear view of the sky. After initial turn on it is not an issue. Their website at xm.com in the account settings has the feature to re-send the initial turn on.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived