CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

RADIATOR FAN

Larry

Anyone have any idea how to configure computer to set off radiator fan at a certain temp. My temp is swinging from 187 to 230. Is that normal. Sometimes the fans will engage at 222, but other times not until say 230 degrees, I noticed all of this fluctuation after replacing water pump and belt and thermostat. I had to remove fans and unhook power wires to fans while doing this. The car seemed to be more consistent on temp before ,say around 201 to 206. THANKS, LARRY

Edited by Larry

This sounds like you are describing normal operation.

I actually rigged the relays in my 92 STS 4.9L with an override switch that I then mounted below the steering wheel so that I could operate the fans manually if desired. I suppose to alter the temperature range that the computer commands the fans you could change the circuit so that the temperature reported by the sensor was more than actual. For example if the sensor readout was normally in a range of x-y resistance then adding a resistor to the circuit would cause the circuit to artificially read X+z - y+z

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Anyone have any idea how to configure computer to set off radiator fan at a certain temp.

I don't think you can do that. Fans should come on at about 224. Check to see that your purge line is clear.

Anyone have any idea how to configure computer to set off radiator fan at a certain temp.

I don't think you can do that. Fans should come on at about 224. Check to see that your purge line is clear.

Which is purge line , the one coming out of tank? Thanks, LARRY