CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Replacing rear brake lines.

PAUL T

Whatta deal that was! Glad you got it fixed, did you ask the mechanic about the job, difficulty, tips, etc?

My wife took him the money so I did not have the chance to ask. They did have to get another line than what I gave them because mine had the wrong fittings, metric instead of american. I think I am going to have to bleed them again, I don't think they got all of the air out of the lines. Sometimes they are spongy until I pump it once. If you have access to a lift I think the work would be alot easier, but for me crawling under the car on the ground was not the way to go, especially in this weather. I count it as money well spent. Now for the door handle and possible starter problems. As far as the new fuel pump goes, I have been getting 21-22 MPG around here since I had it done. I am very pleased with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished up my rear lines yesterday. Cut the lines to get them out, had to use a bolt-out on one of the fittings.

All of the fittings were the same size, except one for the proportioning valve. It was a "M12x1.0 bubble thread" fitting. Had to go to AutoZone to pick that up.

Why do they do that?

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Archived