CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Where to get repacement Fog light?

STS Scott

Well, i remember reading posts in the past about others needing new fog lights for various reasons, but I always just thought "Oh, mine will never need replacing, thier bolted up in that bumper nice and snug".

I thought wrong! So, here I am, asking if anyone has any leads on where to seek out a replacement fog light for my STS.

The reason I need one is that, the darn bulb came out of the socket, and was resting on the lip of the hole where the bulb goes in the light. The heat generated by the bulb melted the plastic into a mangeled mess, and now it will not accept any lightbulbs. Even if I did get one in there, there would be no way to seal the light from moisture or dirt, etc.

Any Ideas where I can get a used one?

Thanks for the help!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

What side fog are you looking for?

I need a left one (bracket is shot), and if you need a right one (?) we might be able to get a set off eBay and split. Also, you might try wrecking yards.

I tried a couple yards in Windsor and Toronto last month. Together, they had 3 sevilles, but all three had no front end left at all they said. If you live there, call around, see what they have to say.

Again, if you find a set and want to split the cost, let me know!

-Chris

I'll let you guys in on a little secret. If you go to car-part.com you can search all salvage yards in your state, or nationwide. I usually do nationwide and just have them ship the part. My fog light was $90 shipped.

James

1999 STS 65k

1995 STS 127k

I called all of the local wreckers, and all of them said "good luck", that this was a difficault part to come by.

Thats not very encouraging!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I got a pair off ebay for 120, but they are tough to find without being all pitted up. I think the best price new was at carpart.com and they were still around 140 a pop. I had the same problem with the socket and just siliconed it back on, you could try rigging up aftermarkets but that is up to you.

God Luck

Joe

Archived