CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/articles/200...f9466968135.txt

Poor sellers in the U.S. thus far have included the BMW 5-series and Mercedes E-Class wagons peppered with the occasional Audi A6 Avant here and there. So what makes Cadillac think it can catch on with the soccer crowd?

How about tighter suspension than a Goldie Hawn facelift? Or 19-inch tires so sticky they could reverse Earth’s rotation? Or maybe it’s a 3.6-liter, 304-horsepower V6 capable of propelling a youth soccer team’s midfield line from 0-60 mph in around 7 seconds?

Cadillac has become so German that it deserves it’s own umlaut.

What you get for your $40,655 to start is a superb example of what Americans do better than anyone else on the planet right now: emulation, innovation and brutal execution.

Final Verdict: Three and a half stars out of four. The 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon is a phenomenal head start on a sure-to-grow segment. Solid grip, solid handling, solid acceleration and solid feel make it a solid car, but clocking in over $40K — $60K as tested — is it too far ahead of its time?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I don't get this great wagon...

Americans (and Canadians) don't buy wagons...

This was a total waste of resources that could have been used to fix the STS.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Think of it as a right-sized crossover. Perhaps it's a trial balloon for the direction of the SRX. Given the same drive train as an SRX, its near 50-50 weight distribution, better aerodynamics, and only 200 lbs more weight, it offers near-CTS performance with cargo space and accommodations that may be valuable to those of us that need them, or that can use the cargo space occasionally. I've had several station wagons in my time and, with the proper tires and suspension, I prefer their more neutral handling to nose-heavy sedans, and I have found that there is no mpg penalty for a wagon. With the standard roof rails, you won't be faced with decisions about whether or not to chance wind noise (whistling???) and drag because you can be sure that if Cadillac put them there as standard you won't have that problem with these. And, if you want to carry a gas grille or a couple of kegs to the picnic, well, sure, no problem.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The previous generation SRX WAS a tall station wagon / crossover. Cadillac perceived that really people either want a station wagon or they want an SUV. So now we have the new SRX CUV and the CTS Sport Wagon. I think the Sport Wagon would be my fav of the two, especially if there is a V-series Sport Wagon. Have your zoom and carry stuff too.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Yeah, that's the ticket -- CTS-V Sport Wagon. With the discrete V-series insignia, it is a great sleeper daily driver. No Limits, and you can now can carry your wife's shopping booty and your Lowe's purchases home unaided.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I will be going to look at one of the Sport Wagons before long.

I need room when we travel...it should have that.

I like something that will run well, and with 304HP, it should do that as well.

I like something that handles well...and from the reviews...it does that as well.

I also like the looks of it.

:D:D

The only drawback I can foresee at this time...if the seats are the same as the CTS sedans...they don't like my old back and knees.

But, hopefully the seats are different, and more comfortable for me.

Posted Image

Archived