CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Solved vibration problem

Phillip

Several months ago, I posted a question about a high frequency vibration coming through the shifter. I noticed this about the same time as I picked up a mis-fire. New plugs and wires fixed the mis-fire, but the vibration continued.

The problem has finally been diagnosed! It turns out the rear seat ventilation fan, when run on high, caused the shift to vibrate. As you can imagine, this is not a severe vibration, but is was annoying not knowing what it was. I thought I would post this so if anyone else comes across this, they can save themselves a few headaches.

Thanks.

Several months ago, I posted a question about a high frequency vibration coming through the shifter. I noticed this about the same time as I picked up a mis-fire. New plugs and wires fixed the mis-fire, but the vibration continued.

The problem has finally been diagnosed! It turns out the rear seat ventilation fan, when run on high, caused the shift to vibrate. As you can imagine, this is not a severe vibration, but is was annoying not knowing what it was. I thought I would post this so if anyone else comes across this, they can save themselves a few headaches.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it will be helpful if any of us ever run into a problem like this.

Does the rear seat fan need to be fixed that you might know of?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Thinking out loud....

Whenever my rear A/C blower is on, there is a clicking sound from the console area. What's weird is that the sound is only heard when making a turn. Yeah, I know that doesn't sound right but it's true.

Archived