CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Are You Willing to Cede U.S. Sovereignty? Economy?

In a few short weeks OBAMA! intends to do this in Copenhagen. Will Congress put a stop to it? NOT UNLESS YOU DRAG THEIR FEET TO THE FIRE AND STOP IT!

http://www.thedailycrux.com/content/3159/Global_warming/eml

America, as we have known it, will cease to exist.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Congress must ratify the treaty. The Kyoto Protocols were signed by Clinton but Congress never ratified them. Somehow, we realized that this was a clear bring-us-down-to-their-level thing that we couldn't afford. The thing in December is much the same, only worse. Congress is just squirrely enough to ratify something like that now, but if there are some hits in the elections on November 3, I don't think that the ratification votes will be there after December. Even Obama is starting to realize that he can't ignore most of the country on all issues, and it's possible that he will find a graceful way to procrastinate on a U.S. signature.

The key: VOTE ON NOVEMBER 3.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Just a friendly US style civics update.

The entire US Congress is not involved in the various treaty approvals. What is needed is a 2/3 majority in the US Senate for the Senate to "Advise and Consent" to the President on a given treaty. The Obamacrats may control the Senate at this time but I do not believe a 2/3 majority approval vote on a flawed treaty is possible.

While it is important to vote on your local issues on November 3 (2009), the next opportunity to influence the balance of power in the entire US House of Representatives and one third of the US Senate will be November 2, 2010.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

If you'll forgive what I can understand might be conceived of as vast arrogance, I feel most voters are tragically ignorant of true politics.

They simply select one or the other party according to their ingrained nature or family upbringing.

Our nation, as we've known it, is sorely at risk. I'd venture most voters are unaware.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Both JimD and WarrenJ are correct. The treason that I say it's important to vote on November 3 is that there are several special elections out there as well as a number of Governorships, and the polls are showing that no supporters of the more extreme programs are winning -- and some are upsets.

At this time, the election results that people are taking as their mandate are those of November 2008. Changes have occurred but these are not being taken seriously by all that should listen. In the elections of November 3, polls show that the results of 2008 don't predict this or future elections, and that those that support the Pelosi-Reid agenda are vulnerable. This message is not lost on Congress, particularly the House, because it foretells trends to be expected in the 2010 elections. A lot of Congressmen will be taking their constituency more seriously if it is clear that they are endangering re-election as demonstrated by the results of the November 3 elections.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

If you're interested, as a point of reference, Canada was one of the first countries to sign the Kyoto Protocol, we did so on April 29, 1998. And it was formally ratified by our "House of Commons" (equivalent to your Congress) on Dec. 17, 2002.

On March 31, 2006, the Canadian environment minister Rona Ambrose told a Vancouver audience that since ratifying Kyoto, Canada's "greenhouse gas emissions are up by 24 per cent. (AKA a it has been a huge whack of fail)

This has resulted in no change in Canada's position as a sovereign nation. We still have money with the Queen and a Caribou on it. We still have passports, we still have hockey, snow, strong beer, cheap meds, the metric system, and maple syrup.

These are just meaningless "feel good" treaties that have zero impact on anything.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I think that since you point out that Canda does not observe the Kyoto protocol, any argument of its relevance to Canada is specious.

The biggest difference between the Kyoto protocols and the treaty to be signed at the December conference is that the new treaty sets up an international enforcement body that has authority over all nations that are signatories of the treaty. This is what is meant by giving up sovereignty. This is interesting because I don't think that Congress will ever ratify such a treaty without a reservation that negates any such authority over the USA, and in any case there is no authority in the Constitution to pass off authority over the USA to any foreign entity, which would make such ratification unconstitutional.

I will agree that it's all bluster and paper, and that no matter who wiggles a quill in December the world will go on much as before.

I will agree that it's all bluster and paper, and that no matter who wiggles a quill in December the world will go on much as before.

I completely agree and that was my point.

Canada signed the treaty and then failed to comply with it... Were we taken over by the UN? or anyone else?

Just like Kyoto, the next treaty will have an independent body that will say if you comply or not...

If you are like Canada and fail to meet the commitments... whats gonna happen?

Just like Canada (and Japan, and GB and France, and Germany etc etc) Nothing...

This just more Glenn Beck aluminum foil hat silliness.

caddy.jpg

Greg

Glenn Beck has been correct on a bunch of issues like Van Jones and Acorn...he needs to be paid attention to, the remainder of the media in this country in in the bag

Today a lady called Rush Limbaugh and said that the FBI told her if she wanted to know what was going on to watch FOX, Rush and Glenn Beck

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/sit...5114.guest.html

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I think its about time we stop thinking that ALL WILL BE FINE... we need to be vigilant

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/10/all...idents_mao.html

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Glenn Beck has been correct on a bunch of issues like Van Jones and Acorn...he needs to be paid attention to, the remainder of the media in this country in in the bag

Like today when Glenn Beck said we should all fear Government Motors and OnStar... 'cause now they can listen to us, stop our cars and track us as we drive around.

Beck is losing it

Amazing stuff...

This guy used to have GM as a sponsor..

caddy.jpg

Greg

Like today when Glenn Beck said we should all fear Government Motors and OnStar... 'cause now they can listen to us, stop our cars and track us as we drive around.

Beck is losing it

Amazing stuff...

I have it on my DVR, Ill listen to it and see what that was about.

Beck is losing it

Amazing stuff...

I have it on my DVR, Ill listen to it and see what that was about.

While you listen keep in mind that:

He is wrong that OnStar is separate from GM

He is wrong that OnStar wasn't part of the Bush bailout

He is wrong that this is vehicle shut down thing is brand new (GM first announced it in October 2007)

He is wrong on the "per person" amount of the US debt... it is closer to 40,000 per person NOT 340,000...

Also keep in mind that the above clip is from Glenn's radio show... He tends to be a little more nutty on his radio show then they will let him be on Fox News.

Wait until he discovers that shortly after 9/11 the government mandated that all Cell phones have a GPS chip built in that they can activated to help find you during an E911 emergency call. Or is that really what that chip is for????

I have to go pick up my daughter from her TaeKwonDo Class... I'm being tracked...

If you need to get a hold of me, I'll be easy to find.

caddy.jpg

Greg

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.

-- Wendell Phillips, (1811-1884), abolitionist, orator and columnist for The Liberator, in a speech before the Massachusetts Antislavery Society in 1852, according to The Dictionary of Quotations edited by Bergen Evans

Greg so what are you saying? MSNBC, CNN is the answer? How about Keith Oberman, should I listen to him, or maybe Chris Matthews? How about AIR AMERICA should I listen to them?

Why do you suppose that OBAMA is after FOX news?, because they are wrong?

They just LIED about RUSH to slime him regarding his interest in the NFL.....

I listen to Rush, Mark Levin and Glenn Beck every day.... To me, Glenn Beck is right on, I am watching my DVR copy of the show right now, I have not heard anything that is wacky yet

Greg so what are you saying? MSNBC, CNN is the answer? How about Keith Oberman, should I listen to him, or maybe Chris Matthews? How about AIR AMERICA should I listen to them?

Why do you suppose that OBAMA is after FOX news?, because they are wrong?

They just LIED about RUSH to slime him regarding his interest in the NFL.....

I listen to Rush, Mark Levin and Glenn Beck every day.... To me, Glenn Beck is right on, I am watching my DVR copy of the show right now, I have not heard anything that is wacky yet

Oberman and Matthews are just as wacky on the left... All I'm saying is make sure you can tell the entertainers from the people bringing you the news.

At least Rush is honest that his show is about entertainment, that it is about ratings and money.

I think that if Rush wanted to buy a NFL team they should have let him. Most of the NFL owners are rich guys... you would have thought most of them would be somewhat conservative... The NFL commissioner is married to a news anchor on Fox I couldn't imagine a more perfect fit... That one I don't get. They should have welcomed him with open arms.

As for Obama attacking Fox.. Bush attacked MSNBC... same old same old...

BTW the clip I posted is not from Beck's TV show... it was from his radio show. He starts out by talking about calling OnStar 'cause his baby is on fire... because there was no sign... 100% wacky.

He ends by telling us to be wary of people who lie to you... and yet in that 6 minute clip he is either lying or just plain mistaken over 5 times.

caddy.jpg

Greg

Limbaugh is fond of saying he "illustrates absurdity by being absurd."

I'm not a Beck fan (though I'm often in agreement), but I wonder if he isn't doing something of the same without quite giving the credit to Limbaugh? Not that Limbaugh necessarily deserves it. It's an age old technique.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

I can tell the entertainers from the people bringing me the news. The entertainers are the commentators, and the people bringing me the news are the reporters and anchors.

At least that's true on Fox News. It doesn't hold so tightly on most of the other big cable news outlets.

I recently received the following in an e-mail and thought that I would cut and paste it here for discussion...

All we ask is that you consider the suggestions here.

The entire Congress of the United States is corrupt. And we mean both Houses and we mean both major parties.

We realize that a few Members of each House are trustworthy, but, as a group they are absolutely the most corrupt bunch to ever disgrace our Nation.

In November of 2010 the entire House of Representatives will stand for re-election; all 435 of them. One third of the Senate, a total of 33 of them, will also stand for re-election. Vote every incumbent out.

And we mean every one of them. No matter their Party affiliation. Let's start all over in the House of Representatives with 435 people who have absolutely no experience in running that body, with no political favors owed to anyone but their own constituents. Let's make them understand that they work for us.

They are answerable to us and they simply have to run that body with some common sense.

Two years later, in 2012, vote the next third of the incumbents in the Senate out.

We can do the same thing in 2014 and, by that time we will have put all new people in that body as well.

We, the People, have got to take this Country back and we HAVE to do it peacefully. That's what the Framers of our Constitution envisioned.

We are also suggesting term limits on the NEW BUNCH -- 8 YEARS FOR REPRESENTATIVES AND 8 YEARS OF SENATORS. NO EXCEPTIONS. THE LONGER THEY STAY IN OFFICE THE MORE POWER THEY GET AND THEY LOVE IT AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET RE-ELECTED.

WE HAVE TERM LIMITED THE PRESIDENT -- NOW LET'S TERM LIMIT THE LEGISLATORS.

• 2 weeks later...

The voters have the ability to term limit; legislation is not needed.

And the same voters have 365 days to decide who will be term limited.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

The problem is that that in practical terms, 90% of incumbents in Congress get re-elected. In recent history of the House, it's been 96%. This is the "incumbent advantage" and is the reality of the situation.

The problem is that that in practical terms, 90% of incumbents in Congress get re-elected. In recent history of the House, it's been 96%. This is the "incumbent advantage" and is the reality of the situation.

To Amplify on Incumbent Advantage:

Wikipedia (sometimes suspect):

"In the United States, candidate-centered voting is a major advantage to incumbent members of the United States Congress. Incumbents generally receive more exposure on television and in newspapers than those challenging them.[citation needed] With greater media exposure and substantial influence over public policy, incumbents are also able to raise more money with which to campaign. In 2002, 398 House members ran for reelection, and only 16 were defeated, while a mere three out of 26 senators running for reelection lost. The reelection rate is 88 percent for the Senate and 96 percent for the House (Emphasis mine ... Warren).

Absent a foregone conclusion, I'm left to wonder why a "citation is needed." I'll leave the post election conclusion to you.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived