CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trunk problem

Trunk lid pull down stopped working. The trunk release button on the dash works, but trunk lid pull down doesn't. I want to check the fuse but I can't find the LH Maxi Fuse Block under the hood. Anybody know where that is?

-BB

Trunk lid pull down stopped working. The trunk release button on the dash works, but trunk lid pull down doesn't. I want to check the fuse but I can't find the LH Maxi Fuse Block under the hood. Anybody know where that is?

-BB

Does the motor make any sound at all or is it completely "dead"? Not sure if it the same fuse configuration as my 94sts but.... On mine the power antenna shares the same fuse as the trunk pulldown motor. With the fuse pulled the trunk would release with either remote or glovebox but wouldn't pull down.... just catch. It might be your fuse and it's such a cheap fix that it shouldn't be overlooked. Mine is located in the trunk on the left side. Not sure where on your concours. Good luck and report back to us.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Try this... Open the trunk and press the contact switch on the trunk lid... See if the motor moves at all. My problem twice was that the lid came down but not far enough for the contact switch to make contact to tell the motor to move.. It worked fine for years before that but not on those two days.. md

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Had same problem. There is a small tab next to the u-shaped latch that pulls the truk lid down, over time mine seemed to need adjustment so that when the lid would catch it would push this "tab" down and engage the moter to pull the trunk lid down flush. It took me a while to find it playing around with the latch.

sebring06RTP.jpg

I replaced the switch that is part of the pull down, it cost less than $20 and is easy to replace. Solved the pulldown problem immediately, dealer had it on the shelf. Mike

By the way, the way that I determined that the switch was bad and the motor was good was by taking the switch off and connecting the motor direct to power, by swapping the pos and neg polarity the motor ran in both directions. Use of white grease on the gear mechanism, replace the switch and you should be ok, Mike

Archived