CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Remote lock/unlock does not work

Hi,

My 2002 STS suddenly refuses to lock or unlock with the remote...or the inside electric locks, however it does receive the signal because it flashes the exterior lights. There are no interior lights except gages & radio, the sunroof won't work and the foot brake won't release automatically when shifted into gear.

What fuse, relay or circuit breaker is responsible and how do I find it? Is it the engine fuse box or the rear seat box? Please help.

Thanx!

Hi,

My 2002 STS suddenly refuses to lock or unlock with the remote...or the inside electric locks, however it does receive the signal because it flashes the exterior lights. There are no interior lights except gages & radio, the sunroof won't work and the foot brake won't release automatically when shifted into gear.

What fuse, relay or circuit breaker is responsible and how do I find it? Is it the engine fuse box or the rear seat box? Please help.

Thanx!

I had the same problem with my '03 STS ..... found the fuse that kept blowing, ended up I had to take it to the stealership and spend about 700 on a new computer of some sort .....it lasted 8 months and blew again, so back to the stealership and they fixed it under warranty...

Hi,

Thanx!

I had the same problem with my '03 STS ..... found the fuse that kept blowing, ended up I had to take it to the stealership and spend about 700 on a new computer of some sort .....it lasted 8 months and blew again, so back to the stealership and they fixed it under warranty...

you should pull your codes via the car's obd system

Archived