CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bought an '05 Deville yesterday!

KHE

I've been looking for an '04 - '05 Deville for awhile but not very seriously. I wanted that vintage as that was the last years for the onboard diagnostics. I figured a good deal would come eventually. It did... The seller was about 45 minutes away and the car was in immaculate condition with 39,127 miles on it. Medium grey metallic paint and dark grey leather interior. The car was a one owner off-lease car that had been stored for the past year. I believe it was a southern car as there was not ANY rust on the brake lines or any of the undercarriage and there wasn't the bumper filler where the front license plate was mounted. It also had tinted side windows. The leather didn't even have the typical creases in it.

It looks like a brand new car - every inch of the car from the interior, engine compartment, and undercarriage. I stipulated the front grill needed to be replaced - my wife noticed one small spot of some chrome that was peeling. I made grill replacement as well as a front bumper filler painted to match as part of the deal and the seller accepted. Michigan hasn't required front license plates in 25+ years so I wanted the trim to close out the license plate opening.

I'll probably pick it up next week - depending on when the grill and bumper piece are installed. The deal was too good to pass up...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

That is cool you found one at a price you wanted, even better it is in nice condition. You mean to tell me that newer than 05 no longer have on board diagnostics? That is not what I wanted to hear. I have my heart set on a 07 DTS. I will have to check that out next time I stop to see it. It has been on Ebay 2 times and neither time has it hit it's reserve, I have offered him 19500 for it and both auctions it has not even hit that. He is holding firm on 24900

Sounds like a great buy! Congratulations! Are you going to keep the STS an d the SLS?

Not sure yet - One of the Sevilles will be put up for sale.

That is cool you found one at a price you wanted, even better it is in nice condition. You mean to tell me that newer than 05 no longer have on board diagnostics? That is not what I wanted to hear. I have my heart set on a 07 DTS. I will have to check that out next time I stop to see it. It has been on Ebay 2 times and neither time has it hit it's reserve, I have offered him 19500 for it and both auctions it has not even hit that. He is holding firm on 24900

I like the '06+ Devilles but they're missing the stand-up hood ornament... The '06 - '10 Devilles do not have onboard diagnostics because the amount of information to process exceeded the combinations of buttons to press. Besides, they haven't depreciated enough for me yet...

Congrats.

Thanks! I got it for wholesale price - probably less. There were others that were for sale in Texas and Florida but they were more money and the cost to have them shipped or flying down and driving back was prohibitive.

A couple of weeks ago, I looked at an '03 Deville at a Pontiac dealer near my office. It had 90,000 miles on it and they wanted $10,000 for it. It was absolutely FILTHY inside and the leather was all cracked and dirty. It was full of door dings and scrateches. The steering wheel was sticky and the carpets were stained. The salesman was bragging it up until I asked him why they didn't even bother to clean the car up before putting it on the lot. He offered to let me take the car overnight and I declined. My opinion was that if the previous owner treated it like that, other things such as maintenannce were neglected. It also had WAY too many miles on it.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Congratulations Kevin

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures I took on Saturday afternoon. The car was a Nevada car - that's why it has dark tint on the windows. I plan on removing the tint from the side windows but leaving it on the rear window. I haven't had time to direct-wire in my Passport 8500 radar detector yet.

I wish the key remote had the fuel door button on it like the Sevilles do rather than the panic button but I'll just have to get used to opening the fuel door before I get out of the car.

post-45-1255970859_thumb.jpg

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Very nice car Kevin, I see the Seville and your Fleetwood also... good luck with it

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Congratulations! The car is beautiful. I was wondering, is the Onstar system in that car digital or does it have to be upgraded?

Max

I checked Onstar's website and this is what I found after entering my VIN:

"This is a dual-mode (analog/digital) vehicle with equipment that operates on both the analog and digital cellular networks. It will not require an upgrade in connection with the cellular industry's transition to the digital network.

Since this vehicle is capable of operating on the digital network, no action is required."

There is a three month free trial period so I may just try it out for three months. I doubt I'd ever use it but for three months free, why not?

Very nice car Kevin, I see the Seville and your Fleetwood also... good luck with it

Thanks. I still like the Fleetwood the best but the Deville is a very close second.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Here are some pictures I took on Saturday afternoon. The car was a Nevada car - that's why it has dark tint on the windows. I plan on removing the tint from the side windows but leaving it on the rear window. I haven't had time to direct-wire in my Passport 8500 radar detector yet.

I wish the key remote had the fuel door button on it like the Sevilles do rather than the panic button but I'll just have to get used to opening the fuel door before I get out of the car.

Nice color, Kevin. Enjoy!

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I checked Onstar's website and this is what I found after entering my VIN:

There is a three month free trial period so I may just try it out for three months. I doubt I'd ever use it but for three months free, why not?

I use mine a "LOT" when I am on trips.

I don't use it much here around town when I am at home.

This is just a suggestion...but...if you are planning a trip any time soon...remember ..the holidays are coming up...

wait till just before the trip to activate it so you will have all of the benefits of it on your trip and for the holidays.

Posted Image

Archived