CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Went for a walk

Jan Olsson

Today I took my ordinary lunch-walk around the block and saw this red STS some hundred yards away. I walked faster and followed it to a nearby gas-station and spoke with this charming woman in her early forties about her car. Usually I'm used to have to defend my choice of car but sometimes on rare occasions it happens that I find a soul mate ;)

It was a 1993/1994 STS which ran beautifully and still looked good.

We stood there for about half an hour and talked about our previous cars and I found out that they once had an Eldorado (like my 1988 I once had) and they also have a 2002 STS (just like me).

They also had a Jeep Cherokee just about the same vintage as my wife’s late 1990 and just like me they only had problems with that one ;)

The only thing that needed a fix was the shocks. She was planning on getting another car but she couldn't think of anything better than her Cadillac since it was reliable, stylish, lots of convenience and comfort and good looking of course.

Her friends regularly tells her to try this car try that car etc etc but there is no other car that even comes close, especially for that money.

Darn, I would really like to have my old STS back again :lol:

Recently we bought a 2004 Jeep Wrangler to have as a city-car and for the 4wd abilities but I'm confident that this one will be a better choice than the old one. The electrical system seems more robust and there is also fewer things that can brake (no central locking, no electrical brake servo, no power windows).

Jan,

Great story.

That would have been fun...just talking about the cars and finding so many similarities between their ownership experiences and yours.

Glad you enjoy your Cadillac.

Have fun and keep the shiny side up. :D

Posted Image

I think its really cool that you bumped into another Cadillac owner that has owned simular cars as yourself!

But I cant help but wonder, are Cadillac's and Jeep's the only American cars you can get in Sweden!!! :lol::o;);)

2001 Deville, Sterling Silver exterior with Dark Gray leather, 93k miles

I think its really cool that you bumped into another Cadillac owner that has owned simular cars as yourself!

But I cant help but wonder, are Cadillac's and Jeep's the only American cars you can get in Sweden!!! :lol::o;);)

I said to my wife that it was a shame that the nice (good looking too) was married already ;)

The only american Fords we have here (sold in Sweden) are Ford trucks. The most usual american cars are Chryslers (Jeep, Chrysler) which is a shame since the quality isn't anyway near a GM car.

From GM there is mostly trucks, pickup trucks. The only GM cars are Cadillacs. No Buicks or Chevrolets (except from Daewoo :( ). People here think they know it all about american cars, thats why they don't sell (the usual stuff, low mpg, lousy quality, to large, to soft suspension, to everything).

It's a shame that the GM cars don't sell over here. Instead we have to put up with SAAB, Opel and Daewoo.

When it comes to pick-up trucks, vans, 4wds etc then there is quite a lot of american cars.

I find it real strange to have to listen to how bad mpg a 6.0 liter V8 in a truck has compared to a Volkswagen Golf or a Skoda Felicia diesel...you really don't expect people to make such assumptions but over here people do!

One knows a guy who has a neighbour who once saw a 1970 Chevrolet something on a post card and then that guy is called an "expert" on american cars.

That same "expert" can people that an average american car gets 15 mpg at best, more usually 10 mpg....go figure.

When I tell people about how good my Cadillacs are/have been they don't believe me or think that I'm plain stupid or slightly retarded...because everyone knows that Volvos are among the best cars on the planet. I find it hard to be impressed when someones Volvo V70 with a 180 hp 2,5 liter engine gets the same mpg as my 4,6 l 305 hp Cadillac. I guess I'm crazy ;)

Archived