CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Replacement Wiper Blades Cad 2006 DTS

dotbowels

You can go to Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts to get your replacement wiperblades, Walmart even has them. Autozone will install them for you at no extra charge.

2001 Deville, Sterling Silver exterior with Dark Gray leather, 93k miles

You can go to Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts to get your replacement wiperblades, Walmart even has them. Autozone will install them for you at no extra charge.

Dealer is expensive and say the left and right aren't the same, Autozone says they're the same ?? Any idea if they are or aren't same for left and right? Thank you Dorothy

I doubled checked the size and fitment on Autozone.com and Rockauto.com and they both show a 22in blade, same for driver and pasenger side for your 2006 DTS.

The wiper blades that came on it from the factory may be a little different than the aftermarket wiper blades offered at Autozone. But I doubt you will notice any difference between the two.

Autozone has replacements from $7-$30 each blade. I personally use the Bosch wiper blades, around $10 each, just my preference.

I honestly could not justify spending more at the dealer for a wiper blade when you can get a good quality replacement at a local parts store.

Your car is probably still in warranty. If so, the wipers should be covered, other than the blades and arms. Have you asked about that at a dealer?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Dealer is expensive and say the left and right aren't the same, Autozone says they're the same ?? Any idea if they are or aren't same for left and right? Thank you Dorothy

Dorothy, I cant help but wonder just how much the dealer wanted for a new set of wiperblades?

And they'll install them free for you at the store. I would suggest giving the fellow who does the installation a tip - $5.00 or $10.00 works...

Tip the guy at Autozone for putting on wiper blades for you??? I have always considered myself a good tipper, but never thought about tipping this person! Is this something common that others of you do?

And they'll install them free for you at the store. I would suggest giving the fellow who does the installation a tip - $5.00 or $10.00 works...

Tip the guy at Autozone for putting on wiper blades for you??? I have always considered myself a good tipper, but never thought about tipping this person! Is this something common that others of you do?

Not usually...

But a couple of years ago, I did give a girl at a auto parts place in N. Carolina $10.00.

The wipers were chattering on my DTS, that at the time was only a year old.

I stopped to get new blades and they didn't have them. (car was too new)

She took some cleaning stuff (she used several different kinds) and cleaned the windshield REAL GOOD to get the film off of it.

She went way above and beyond the usual service to fix my problem.

It was worth it not to have to listen to the noise of the wiper blades. :D

Plus...She deserved it for the great service she rendered to me.

Posted Image

Not usually...

But a couple of years ago, I did give a girl at a auto parts place in N. Carolina $10.00.

The wipers were chattering on my DTS, that at the time was only a year old.

I stopped to get new blades and they didn't have them. (car was too new)

She took some cleaning stuff (she used several different kinds) and cleaned the windshield REAL GOOD to get the film off of it.

She went way above and beyond the usual service to fix my problem.

It was worth it not to have to listen to the noise of the wiper blades. :D

Plus...She deserved it for the great service she rendered to me.

Well now, I can see under those circumstances. Tipping for a job well done.

Archived