CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS wheel noise

aross2566

Hello everyone....I have a 07 CTS. Recently I noticed while turning I heard a grinding sound. I have 89000 miles on this car. So i thought the front brakes were bad. When I pulled the tires, the brakes still had half there life left. I went ahead and changed the brakes. By the way was to darn easy. I still have this grinding sound while turning. I spun the rotors by hand, I could hear just a tinge of noise. I suspect the wheel bearings are giving out. Any other suggestions?

Hello everyone....I have a 07 CTS. Recently I noticed while turning I heard a grinding sound. I have 89000 miles on this car. So i thought the front brakes were bad. When I pulled the tires, the brakes still had half there life left. I went ahead and changed the brakes. By the way was to darn easy. I still have this grinding sound while turning. I spun the rotors by hand, I could hear just a tinge of noise. I suspect the wheel bearings are giving out. Any other suggestions?

Do some zigzags. The noise made with a bad wheel bearing depends on the the direction you turn to. As a rule, if noise is louder when you turn to the right, it is your left bearing. The wheel can be silent when you spin it with hand. It is common to replace the both wheel bearings when one fails. Nevertheless, there were 27,000 miles between the failures of front wheel bearing assemblies on my 91 Seville. A lot may happen to a used car in 27,000 miles besides a wheel bearing.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived