CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

03 DHS PCM Code P0442 Current

mike27513

Hello all,

My 03 Deville DHS [with 72K miles] Service engine light came on this weekend. I checked the DTC and the Power Control Module Error code read out as PCM P0442 Current which according to the how to index says it is " Evaporative Emission System - Small leak detected". I have checked some obvious things - gas cap tight, checked around for vacuum leaks, new air filter, cleaned intake, MAF , TB.

Is there a sensor I need to check/clean/replace , PCV valve or hard to get to evap lines that can go bad that I overlooked?

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

You probably need to check the EVAP hoses to make sure that all of them are on their fittings tight and that none of them are cut or split. There is one of them on the throttle body that goes to the EVAP solenoid which, on my older car, is mounted at the edge of the intake manifold, and two hoses from it to the EVAP canister. Another hose goes from the fuel tank to the EVAP canister, probably from near where the filler tube goes into the tank. The EVAP canister is itself located in the rear of the car near the fuel tank.

Someone with your year DeVille or a 2003 FSM can be more specific if you need more information.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 1 year later...

Hello all,

My 03 Deville DHS [with 72K miles] Service engine light came on this weekend. I checked the DTC and the Power Control Module Error code read out as PCM P0442 Current which according to the how to index says it is " Evaporative Emission System - Small leak detected". I have checked some obvious things - gas cap tight, checked around for vacuum leaks, new air filter, cleaned intake, MAF , TB.

Is there a sensor I need to check/clean/replace , PCV valve or hard to get to evap lines that can go bad that I overlooked?

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

Let me know what you find same thing just happened to mine

Archived