CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2001 Deville Engine mount

unknown_eyes

I took my car back into the aligment shop because something just didn't feel right. I can't accurately give you a discription of the problem, but I knew something just wasn't right. After checking the car out, they told me that the alignment was ok, but the right front engine mount was deteriated and would need to be replaced sometime in the near future.

Should I just replace the needed part or go ahead and replace all of the hydraulic mounts on the engine and transmission?

2001 Deville, Sterling Silver exterior with Dark Gray leather, 93k miles

The front mount (front of car, left side of the engine) is the one that seems to fail because it is so close to the exhaust manifold, plus it flexes the most under heavy loads. I made some torque struts to prevent that. New ones come with a heat shield.

The front mount (front of car, left side of the engine) is the one that seems to fail because it is so close to the exhaust manifold, plus it flexes the most under heavy loads. I made some torques struts to prevent that. New ones come with a heat shield.

Thats the one. Guess I'll get it ordered from rockauto.com before it fails. It's only $39.79.

Thanks

2001 Deville, Sterling Silver exterior with Dark Gray leather, 93k miles

Archived