CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seem's the metal park on my coolant line is cracked and has been leaking coolant for awhile. I took off the passenger tire and found these hose's, one metal connected to a rubber hose. How would I go about fixing this problem?.Brokenline.jpg

brokenline2.jpg

Your pictures are a little on the dark side, but it looks like your subject might be a power steering line. If it's the one that goes from the p/s pump, towards the back of the engine, and over to the streering rack, it's a bear to replace and should be done by a professional. If it's the return line from the p/s filter, mounted on the frame, up to the reservoir on the pump, it's not too hard to do.

Jeff

Your pictures are a little on the dark side, but it looks like your subject might be a power steering line. If it's the one that goes from the p/s pump, towards the back of the engine, and over to the streering rack, it's a bear to replace and should be done by a professional. If it's the return line from the p/s filter, mounted on the frame, up to the reservoir on the pump, it's not too hard to do.

Jeff

Ok well I poured some coolant in just to make sure this is the correct one nope, it's coming from the back below the engine, I'd have to jack the car up some more to go up and take a look see but, where would be the quickest spot to find it?. Like I poured in some coolant and a second it's pouring out, and the way it was coming out seem's like a leak from a hose. anyone have a diagram of how the hose's are set up?.

If it is coolant leaking and it is coming from behind the engine by the firewall, there are 2 steel heater pipes back there that run along the rear head that tend to rust out and leak. They are a PITA to replace.

If it is coolant leaking and it is coming from behind the engine by the firewall, there are 2 steel heater pipes back there that run along the rear head that tend to rust out and leak. They are a PITA to replace.

how PITA are we talking, probably a tight squeeze uh. UG well might as well get it done and over with <_< , what all will I need to fix it. I don't wanna get into something without all the right hose's, clamp's, etc etc

I have never had the pleasure so I am not sure just how hard it is or what you need. You may have to drop the cradle a bit or remove the torque struts and replace the drivers side with a turnbuckle and rock the engine forward a bit. That MIGHT give you the clearance you need. I'm not sure.