CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ouch - Tires

Bruce Nunnally

So I was looking at more info on the Cadillac STS-V. The STS-V uses runflat 255/45-18 on front, and 275/45-19 wheels/tires on back.

The tires are Pirelli eufori runflat radials.

pi_eufori_ci2_l.jpg

The fronts at tirerack.com are $392 each; the rears are $462 each.

Yes, that means 2 tires (two) would cost around $1K. As someone who goes through tires quickly, this seems expensive.

The Eufori@ Run Flat tire has a Limited Road Hazard Protection

According to recent customers surveys (JD Power in North America), seven out of eight consumers say run-flat tyres are No.1 amongst the features they most want from their next vehicles. It shows that consumers prefer safety-related features more than sophisticated entertainment systems or other conveniences in their new vehicles. Whilst consumers seek extended mobility after the tyre has been punctured, car manufacturers look for space gains, both in compact and sports vehicles, by dispensing with the spare wheel. Pirelli's answer is Eufori@ Run Flat. Produced utilising revolutionary MIRS (Modular Integrated Robotized System) technology, Eufori@ is Pirelli's first run-flat product, ensuring both Active and Passive safety.

The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus is offerred in the same sizes, and is somewhat less expensive, at $214/304 each for fronts/rears, but are not runflats.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I had a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. The A/S apparently means All Season, because they are the best performance tires I could find that year that weren't summer tires. They were hard as a rock but if the suspension is tuned for them they are great tires -- sticky, good road feedback, excellent handling, very good in rain, good in snow.

I would run the Pilot Sport A/S tires with a tube of instant sealant and a 12 Volt air pump in the trunk. With OnStar, that's all you need.

When the price of the RunFlat feature comes down, then, sure. But not now, at several hundred dollars a tire.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

So I was looking at more info on the Cadillac STS-V. The STS-V uses runflat 255/45-18 on front, and 275/45-19 wheels/tires on back.

The tires are Pirelli eufori runflat radials.

The fronts at tirerack.com are $392 each; the rears are $462 each.

Yes, that means 2 tires (two) would cost around $1K.

As someone who goes through tires quickly, this seems expensive.

Bruce,

Yep...thats pretty pricey.

I thought $1,000 for a set of four for my car was bad...but $1,000 for just the BACK TWO TIRES is even worse.

Posted Image

Also these tires have a life of around 17-18K miles apparently, so that would be around 1/year for me -- I drive 15K miles/year but am also hard on tires.

Poor Traction Control -- Always engaged, never married.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Also these tires have a life of around 17-18K miles apparently, so that would be around 1/year for me -- I drive 15K miles/year but am also hard on tires.

Poor Traction Control -- Always engaged, never married.

They must be real soft and sticky.

The Bridgestones on my car are rated at 60,000...I think.

They do wear a long time.

I have almost 68,000 on it and have replaced 2 of them...need to replace the other 2 before winter.

I don't rotate them as often as I should.

Posted Image

Archived