CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

89 Deville with 24" wheels

Bruce Nunnally

Good for grapes, in wine country?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I dunno. The fact that light shining through one of the wheel holes makes it clear out past the other side of the car has a certain charm. You don't see THAT every day.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 1 year later...

i owned a 93 DeVille With 24"s on it.. (previous owner put them on) didn't even lift it right.. i couldn't drive with more then 1 person in the car without Cringing :fighting0025: Thank God i sold that Deville.. What a Nightmare i got myself into

Let's try the math here which assumes the owner even cared about actually driving the car.

The OEM wheel/tire size was 205/75-14. With an OEM tire OD of 25.9", that leaves 5.95" of rubber between your seat and the road.

Bolting up 24" wheels while maintaining the OEM OD would reduce the rubber between your seat and the road to 0.545". And that is only IF he could buy -24 tires that would be even close to the OEM OD. Unlikely.

The visual compromise is not for this old man. Cruising along the Interstate with as little as 0.545" of rubber between my butt and the road has no appeal.

Walking beside a Conestoga wagon would be my choice.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

• 2 months later...

Not every rim can fit your Cadillac Deville. In fact, there are dozens of different bolt patterns for rims, which can make rim shopping difficult. It's the reason, in fact, that we customized the Deville rims simulator tool - so that you don't have to guess if a rim fits your Deville. All the rims we list for your Deville in the rim simulator will fit on your Deville, we guarantee it.

Rim offsets can be confusing too. Our online Deville rims simulator does all the work to make sure the rims we show for your Deville are only the ones with a compatible offset.

Chrome Deville rims are the most popular rim finish that people choose, followed by black Deville rims. In terms of rim size, 20 inch Deville rims and 22 Deville inch rims are searched most often on search engines, but 17 inch rims are the most popular in terms of what people actually buy for their Deville.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived