CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A/C will not work

^Tom^

If there was no code to clear, you got the problem by reconnecting the oil pressure switch, as expected. You're done.

There is another sensor, the oil level sensor, that was mentioned in error. Your engine holds about 7 liters of oil. In the event that it gets down to about 4 liters, you will get a message on the driver message center "CHECK ENGINE OIL." This is the function of the oil level sensor. When you see this warning, you should add oil before spending a day on the Autobahn because 5 or 6 liters of oil will keep the engine cooler. I keep at least 6 liters of oil in my engine; that's above the ADD mark on the dipstick.

I believe that all of your issues have been settled, and you are good to go. Congratulations on your find. Please stay with us and give us updates occasionally. I notice that you posted photos on the Cadillac Photography board. Keep us posted.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

If there was no code to clear, you got the problem by reconnecting the oil pressure switch, as expected. You're done.

There is another sensor, the oil level sensor, that was mentioned in error. Your engine holds about 7 liters of oil. In the event that it gets down to about 4 liters, you will get a message on the driver message center "CHECK ENGINE OIL." This is the function of the oil level sensor. When you see this warning, you should add oil before spending a day on the Autobahn because 5 or 6 liters of oil will keep the engine cooler. I keep at least 6 liters of oil in my engine; that's above the ADD mark on the dipstick.

I believe that all of your issues have been settled, and you are good to go. Congratulations on your find. Please stay with us and give us updates occasionally. I notice that you posted photos on the Cadillac Photography board. Keep us posted.

good and bad news:

50 miles trip today.....

no more 1189 was stored, but

C1783 - ICCS2 DL Left Output Short CKT to GND

C1785 - ICCS2 DL Right Output Short CKT to GND

both in hystorie

just clear and good?

maybe they are comming if i lost street contact over a train-road?

tom

ps: shure i will stay here. i was 9 years ago at the old URL present too

The ICCS2 codes are from the wheel sensors for the road sensing suspension. These connectors are accessible from under the car. They are on all four wheels. They can be shorted by power-washing under the car or by salt slush. I would make sure that the undercar is clean, and clean and inspect the connectors on all four wheels. If it happens again I would look for loose or damaged wires elsewhere under the car and between the engine and the firewall. Make sure that any wire holders are intact and holding the wires away from the engine or from drooping under the car.

If you had the car airborne, you must be enjoying it thoroughly.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

is the oil-level sensor not at the oil-pan and goes straight in a straight in direction to the front of the car?
Correct. It is in the side of the oil pan. If you pull it (with the pan full), you'll drain about 2 qts of oil.

is the oil-level sensor not at the oil-pan and goes straight in a straight in direction to the front of the car?
Correct. It is in the side of the oil pan. If you pull it (with the pan full), you'll drain about 2 qts of oil.

thanks; so i have repluged the right one.

trouble code is not longer comming

tom

The ICCS2 codes are from the wheel sensors for the road sensing suspension. These connectors are accessible from under the car. They are on all four wheels. They can be shorted by power-washing under the car or by salt slush. I would make sure that the undercar is clean, and clean and inspect the connectors on all four wheels. If it happens again I would look for loose or damaged wires elsewhere under the car and between the engine and the firewall. Make sure that any wire holders are intact and holding the wires away from the engine or from drooping under the car.

If you had the car airborne, you must be enjoying it thoroughly.

i am again confiused;

1783 und 1785 not longer in the system als trouble code......

also not stored again today.......

maybe i should drive and not check the codes every trip........as long they not show up in the DIC regular

tom

antifreeze are fresh, check the belts and hoses

belts and hoses are like new (i know......they 10 years old, but anyway)

the antifreeze ........ i will change it as soond as i can.....but access to the lower radiator hose does not like easy for me at the 1999

tabs: i have left

I never replaced any hoses on my '96, and they all are all still good. - just make sure it's not rubbing somewhere causing it to wear.

I checked out your super clean ride. looks like you may still have the nylon fuel line in there. there was a recall in the USA a few years ago where the plastic fuel rail was replaced by stainless steel. Should you indeed have it, you might want to at least inspect the black fuel line for cracks.

antifreeze are fresh, check the belts and hoses

belts and hoses are like new (i know......they 10 years old, but anyway)

the antifreeze ........ i will change it as soond as i can.....but access to the lower radiator hose does not like easy for me at the 1999

tabs: i have left

I never replaced any hoses on my '96, and they all are all still good. - just make sure it's not rubbing somewhere causing it to wear.

I checked out your super clean ride. looks like you may still have the nylon fuel line in there. there was a recall in the USA a few years ago where the plastic fuel rail was replaced by stainless steel. Should you indeed have it, you might want to at least inspect the black fuel line for cracks.

it does'nt sound so good, but in the GM document about my car is following:

REQUIRED FIELD ACTIONS

Type Number Description Posted Date Status

RC 99013

GENERATOR RECTIFIER BRIDGE SHORT N/A Closed

and

CLAIM HISTORY

R.O Date R.O Number Type Labor Operation Odometer Reading

08/26/1999 001291 # V0308 - 98 CADILLAC SEVILLE- GENERATOR RECTIFIER BRIDGE SHORT 46 kilometres

so it was no other recall then the "RECTIFIER BRIDGE " for this car.

i will check the fuel-line to be shure there are no cracks and i am not ride in a HOT car.

thanks

tom

Archived