CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Vibrations

hjb981

As for tires. Here again we hearing about 'phase in' and 'phase out'. Tire balance /bad tires. Hunter Road Force will not fix a bad tire. Hunter RF is only as good as the tech willing to spend the 20-30 minutes per tire to do it right. We just have to find that tech...

This is also a very important point. Hunter Road Force balancing matches the high spots of a relatively normal tire to the low spots on the rim, it will not fix a bad tire. More importantly, sometimes it doesn't work at all, since the High or Low areas of the tire have no equally high or low areas of the rim to match it to. This totally disregards the fact that a tire may have MULTIPLE high or low areas.....................Rims, not so much, probably only one low point and one high point. The machine and operator do their best I'm sure, but in the final analysis, it's likely an average low point for the match mark.

The tire is marked, and the rim is marked, the tire is removed from the rim and then remounted with the marks lined up, then it is checked again. Using this process has its limitations, so in the end it may mean that a new tire needs to be purchased.

The whole process, as you can tell, is best done when new tires are going to be purchased, for obvious reasons. I try to make it clear up front exactly what I'm looking for, and these cars have been around long enough that most tire shops know you are telling the truth.

That's about the time they tell you their machine is broken or due for calibration or something.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived