CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

TRUNK RELEASE

JACK

I recently had a problem with my trunk release on my 99 sts, I could only open the trunk with the key, fixed problem by replacing trunk latch. My question is on my 07 dts, there is no trunk key hole, how does one open the trunk if the release does not work? Do not have this problem now but was just curious if there is another way to open the trunk.

I recently had a problem with my trunk release on my 99 sts, I could only open the trunk with the key, fixed problem by replacing trunk latch. My question is on my 07 dts, there is no trunk key hole, how does one open the trunk if the release does not work? Do not have this problem now but was just curious if there is another way to open the trunk.

Fold down the center armrest in the back seat...Open the pass thru...

There is a little "T" handle hanging down close to the trunk latch...

Keep swatting at it with a broom handle or something long enough to reach it...

Eventually you will hit it just right...and it will open the trunk.

:D:D:D:D

You could also tie a STRONG piece of string/twine to it and tape it to the underside of the trunk lid with the end up close to the pass thru.

I should do that also...just haven't actually DONE IT yet. :D

Posted Image

Whoever designed it that way deserves to be called a moron. :angry:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent